Doug Demuros thoughts on killing the LC. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually i understand. He did not want to use 3rd party shops bc then people on the internet wil yap how his LC is bad because he did not use Toyota parts etc. and that the Indy shop is incompetent…and that he should have taken to XXX etc.

By going to Toyota dealer, he can (and did) claim that he went the official route, got official Toyota parts and still got issues. And like above post, $13k is nothing to him. BUT it is everything to his YouTube presentation that LC’s problems are due to design/environment and NOT due to negligence nor lack of maintenance.

And he DID research the common issues with LC and did everything in his power ($$$) to prevent them. He is not wrong given where his LC is parked.

So yeah, given his vast income and what his channel is about, i understand his rationale. (And let’s face it…Doug is far from being a dummy to get where he is at today…….)
This is all very true.

He’s achieved the level of notoriety that he’s going to make a large amount of people mad regardless of what he does. He’s at the “don’t read the comments” level of YouTube fame, just keep cashing those checks and move on. I like enough of his stuff, we’re both car guys but I’m the type to enjoy getting my hands dirty on cars I will keep long term. He strikes me as the type that can afford to enjoy lots of cars and move on while keeping his hands clean.

Doug is a nice guy, I'm sure he let them run up that bill for the views on this and also he actually doesn't have the time to take it somewhere cheaper. Maybe he could have sent someone that's what I would have done.

I wonder what his new car will be. I'm itching to add to the line up but not done with the 200 yet.

You all may be missing the point. This exact bunch of comments is exactly what he and every other YouTuber does for a living. He doesn’t buy or drive a car except to provide content. He may very well have said ‘Make that bill as high as possible.’ That makes for an interesting video and gives his car sale a pop for more engagement. Highly doubt he cares what the LC sells for. The money is already in the bank.

Last edited:
It’s a guess, and I’m guessing it’s conservative. Dude has over 1 bil YouTube videos views and 10,000 auto auctions. Thats boy band money.

This is all very true.

He’s achieved the level of notoriety that he’s going to make a large amount of people mad regardless of what he does. He’s at the “don’t read the comments” level of YouTube fame, just keep cashing those checks and move on. I like enough of his stuff, we’re both car guys but I’m the type to enjoy getting my hands dirty on cars I will keep long term. He strikes me as the type that can afford to enjoy lots of cars and move on while keeping his hands clean.
Agree, you would think if he can afford an unused vacation home (70% of the time) on the beach he can also afford a garage!
Just makes no sense to leave any car exposed to the sea salt and weather to rot and rust....clearly he doesn't care! Possibly no more than just a disposable toy.

Agree, you would think if he can afford an unused vacation home (70% of the time) on the beach he can also afford a garage!
Just makes no sense to leave any car exposed to the sea salt and weather to rot and rust....clearly he doesn't care! Possibly no more than just a disposable toy.
There is a whole YouTube industry where people buy nice cars and destroy it for YouTube content. I actually can’t think of a vehicle that would be able to stand up to 3 months of hard use, 9 months parked in a driveway 100 yards from the ocean. Maybe a 70 series? It’s not just the salty air. Wheeling on the beach exposes components to salt AND sand.

Beach houses are finicky. Depend on design or elevation…some don’t have garage…you park under your house. Or if they have garage it is just one car…he may have another car in there that is more valuable or a golf cart, etc.

Beach houses are finicky. Depend on design or elevation…some don’t have garage…you park under your house. Or if they have garage it is just one car…he may have another car in there that is more valuable or a golf cart, etc.
Yeah in my garage (actually a 40x60 foot pole barn) i keep some boats, airplane parts, kayaks, some snow machines, ATVs, etc. Garages are for toys not cars.

Believe he stores several cars at a facility around the corner from my office here in San Diego called Veloce Motors. Warehouse set up for car storage. The salt air will destroy any vehicle...Land Cruiser or otherwise. Couple that with long stints of non-operation and of course you're going to have reliability issues, regardless of the vehicle. His reliability issues are self-induced and he knows it. Add him to the list of few people on the planet whose Land Cruiser ownership experience didn't meet expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom