Does this mean steering knuckle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my steering is sloppy (really sloppy) and I have this grease coming out (see photo). Does that mean I need to do the steering knuckles? I had them done 10 years and maybe 60k ago, they did a poor job, and I had to have one repacked maybe 4 years and 20k ago. But it never seems to have been right.

Thank you

The photos.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ha! Actually the bolt heads were broken off by the idiot who repacked it.

So it may not be steering knuckles?

I'm not what you would call mechanically inclined. Maybe I should just fork over the cash to have this properly diagnosed.

You likely have a bad inner axle seal. No big deal but it does mean opening up the knuckle.

And yes-replace the broken bolts.

Get some gloves and some grease and open the rubber on the springs, 3B= remove cotter pin, try to turn with large screwdriver:

file.php

file.php

Ok, thank you all for the tips and advice with this. Is it possible for one knuckle to go out and be replaced, and not both?

Also, the sheared bolts, I've been going through some parts supply sites but can't find it. Any tips?

Thank you!

[QUOTE="Also, the sheared bolts, I've been going through some parts supply sites but can't find it. Any tips?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Pull one out, take it to any good hardware store or industrial supply place and they'll have a replacement. Also can take it to a toyota dealer, and they'll likely have them as well. Or an order from Marlin, Beno, CDan, etc.

you might want to find a local shop in the area to help you out....especially if you are missing items off your steering linkage/assembly (safety?)

Original bolts from dealer if they have the harawtfkiri size, dont ask me for the partnumber, at this moment :flush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom