Dobinsons Rear Drawer System - Compatibility with rear door table (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having difficulty finding the answer anywhere, maybe someone in the group could share their experiences / guidance regarding the Dobinsons rear drawer system.
My concern is fitment with a rear door table; I currently have a Kaon door table installed and am curious if there will be enough clearance between the drawer setup and the table?

Can anyone chime in with their experience with the Dobinsons setup?

I'm having difficulty finding the answer anywhere, maybe someone in the group could share their experiences / guidance regarding the Dobinsons rear drawer system.
My concern is fitment with a rear door table; I currently have a Kaon door table installed and am curious if there will be enough clearance between the drawer setup and the table?

Can anyone chime in with their experience with the Dobinsons setup?
I suggest contacting them to ask how much space is between the drawers and the back of the door. From the photos, it looks like the drawers sit a bit further back than my ironman drawers, however the top sliding tray looks like it sticks out forward a bit. For reference, I couldn't fit a table with my ironman drawers, this was using the KAON fold down table. The barn door would close, but you had to slam it and there was strain on the latch.

I reached out to them and they were of little help other than saying it was designed to fit the 460...........

I reached out to them and they were of little help other than saying it was designed to fit the 460...........
Measure how far out your rear table sits, give a quick call and ask if they have a GX sitting around with the drawer system in it, to stick a block of wood or something that would be about the thickness of what you measured and see if they can tell you if there's an interference fit or not.
Or you can make a simple block of wood of how far your table intrudes on your interior and mail it to them to try.
Note: I'm only talking about a block of wood about 4 inches square x whatever thickness you measure that can be tapped to the back door and closed with the block of wood stuck to the door.
If they really want to make a sale, that's really not too much to ask of them.

Here's what I have. Another member posted their rear door clearance -- the Big Country drawers will not fit with a rear door table installed.
Maybe I'll get lucky with the Dobinsons ......

Could anyone with a Dobinsons drawer system grab me some photos?

Door Table 8.jpg

Door Table 7.jpg

Door Table 6.jpg

Door Table 5.jpg

Door Table 4.jpg

From what I can see, it should fit. The Kaon sticks out about half way over the bottom plastic trim piece but the dobinsons drawers sit fully behind it. This isn’t my photo… just one I found here on mud.

IMG_5065.jpeg

Reactions: r2m
Even though the drawers look like they are set back, the issue would still be the sliding top, which stick out from the drawers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom