Difference between 200 and Sequoia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He is making claims that:

Back to what I originally said.

For towing = Sequioa, wider, better rear end for towing, load leveling. LC has good payload, but too small wheelbase, width to make the difference
For people moving = Sequioa, this is a no brainer
For moving a total of four = tie
For design = tie
For personal use = Land Cruiser
For payload = Land Cruiser for fully loaded, Seqiuoa for lower trim such as SR5
For off-roading = Land Cruiser (but ground clearance and angles really suck)
For tail gate sitting = Land Cruiser
For loading in the rain = Sequioa
For what would worry me more if it broke down in the wild = tie
For on-road comfort = tie, edge goes to Sequioa
For macho men = Sequioa
For women = Land Cruiser (Taylor Swift included)

Thanks pagemaster,
The price -even before negotiation- seems unusually reasonable compared to what it would sell for in the USA and the usually higher Canadian import prices, don't you think?

I am thinking that the price is a bit low. Used Sequoia's from 2008 with 35k are selling for $43k CAN. LX570's in Ontario are $103,000+$3000 (GREEN TAX) + 13%

I think the vehicle needs a serious brake service, new drivers mirror, new headlight washer, and a bit of clean-up. Also, it will eventually need new tires. I just checked Toyota.ca, this Land Cruiser is not a "Certified Used Toyota"...that might help explain the price.

I do wish they sold it "New" in Canada. Between the $66k Sequoia and the $100k LX, the Land Cruiser would fit nicely at around $80k

Last edited:
pagemaster said:
I am thinking that the price is a bit low. Used Sequoia's from 2008 with 35k are selling for $43k CAN. LX570's in Ontario are $103,000+$3000 (GREEN TAX) + 13%

I think the vehicle needs a serious brake service, new drivers mirror, new headlight washer, and a bit of clean-up. I just checked Toyota.ca, this Land Cruiser is not a "Certified Used Toyota"...that might help explain the price.

I do wish they sold it "New" in Canada. Between the $66k Sequoia and the $100k LX, the Land Cruiser would fit nicely at around $80k

Does the fact that it isn't a CUT mean possible serious hidden issues?

Sent from my Desire HD using IH8MUD

To all of the people who want more info on the differences, the Land Cruiser owners haven't told you this difference

The GCWR of the Sequoia exceeds 17,000lbs....17,280 is the GCWR.
The GCWR of the Land Cruiser is 14550 lb

Last edited:
To all of the people who want more info on the differences, the Land Cruiser owners haven't told you this difference

The GCWR of the Sequoia exceeds 17,000lbs....17,200 is the GCWR.

Hey Pagemaster, could you put up a link to your source, there may be other valuable information people would be interested in. The GCWR is not listed on the US spec Toyota website.

Hey Pagemaster, could you put up a link to your source, there may be other valuable information people would be interested in. The GCWR is not listed on the US spec Toyota website.

Hey Patrick. My buddy drove the same Land Cruiser today to my place. We had a few beers, lit a few smokes and read the entire manual.

Its in the manual.

Also I should point out, the Land Crusier we had a listed cargo of 1275ish....

Check your manual.

Hey Patrick. My buddy drove the same Land Cruiser today to my place. We had a few beers, lit a few smokes and read the entire manual.

Its in the manual.

Also I should point out, the Land Crusier we had a listed cargo of 1275ish....

Check your manual.

Hello pagemaster,
Can your buddy arrange/offer this LC at a discounted price?
Thank you.

Who cares? You said that the Sequoia is "just as capable" as the 200-series. GCWR means nothing to back that statement up.

I however, provided you a STOCK RTI score of 540 for the 200 series. While RTI is hardly a conclusive metric for determining offroad prowess, there is no better empirical metric to use.

As I cannot locate a single person who has actually measured a stock Sequoia on an RTI ramp, I challenge you to obtain these numbers yourself and post photo verification. If the Sequoia can surpass a score of 540 stock, I will beg for your forgiveness. Until then, your statements don't hold a candle to what I know is true.

On another note, here are some FACTS to dismiss your claim that the "Sequoia has a tougher frame":

Frame Structure Dimensions (from Toyota GSIC):

Sequoia: 65mm (2.6in) x 167mm (6.6in)

LC200: 90.3mm (3.6in) x 185mm (7.3in)

Not marketing BS, but EMPIRICAL FACTS.

Who cares? You said that the Sequoia is "just as capable" as the 200-series. GCWR means nothing to back that statement up.

Actually I was wrong. I fell for Toyota's clever marketing without verifying the facts. The Sequoia is more capable.

And for those who might know. I am not a 100% on this, but I believe Toyota measures ground clearance at the transfer case cross memmber. Can anyone who knows for sure confirm?

Last edited:

Actually I was wrong. I fell for Toyota's clever marketing without verifying the facts. The Sequoia is more capable.

You are about the dumbest person I know posting to the 200-series thread.

See this???

school-bus2.jpg

IT'S A SCHOOL BUS!!! Guess what??? GCWR is 37600! That means that this beast is twice as capable as the Sequoia according to your dumbass logic. Your ability to assess numbers and derive correlation is surpassed by a 2nd grader, who in turn would draw their own conclusion that maybe GCWR actually has an inverse correlation to capability!

Wait -- I just figured it out. You have no idea what the semantic difference between CAPACITY and CAPABILITY is! That's it!

If you want to hold together the shred of respect left for you in this thread...

POST THE RTI SCORE OF THE SEQUOIA!

That schoolbus will carry a hell of a lot more payload than a LC

You post the RTI score.

STOCK LAND CRUISER GROUND CLEARANCE
8.9 inches

Yes, because it's a SRA! Measured from the lowest point, which will always be the rear differential on a SRA vehicle. With a SRA, ground clearance is simply a measure of the size of the tires. I could put a crappy truck on 38's with a puny undersized differential and have 12+" of ground clearance. Doesn't mean ANYTHING.

See this heavily modified 1974 Ford Bronco with a 14-bolt??? Want to take a gander to what its measure ground clearance is???

131_0903_01_z+1974_ford_bronco+rear_axle.jpg

But it sure is capable!!!

131_0903_04_z+1974_ford_bronco+drivers_side_rocks.jpg

So folks. The following should be reported.

The 2011 Sequoia in fact has a listed GCWR of 13500 in around there. The Land Cruiser in fact has a higher rating at 14400lbs. Both vehicles conform to SAE International per SAE J2807

This is significant for a number of reasons. Toyota is very misleading in their information. And before the SAE J2807 spec, Toyota never had a 17,000+ rating for the Seqouia.

The lower GCWR for the Sequoia is without the towing package option. Toyota no longer states the Towing packages on their site. The information I found came from official Toyota manuals from Toyota.com.

Last edited:
why are you guys getting sucked in Pagemaster? he is obviously looking for an internet fight, and you are giving him what he wants. no amount of evidence to the contrary will satisfiy this individual. he will just use it to fight.

free advice (yes, i actually am a doctor): ignore him.

why are you guys getting sucked in Pagemaster? he is obviously looking for an internet fight, and you are giving him what he wants. no amount of evidence to the contrary will satisfiy this individual. he will just use it to fight.

free advice (yes, i actually am a doctor): ignore him.

arguing-on-internet.png

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom