Diff Drop Kit Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BulletHead

Village Idiot
Threads
I'll be putting together this kit so I figured why not fab up some more in case anyone else is interested. I will be purchasing the AL bars and preparing them at a machine shop. I dont have the complete cost figured out yet, but trying to keep it all under $100.

Please let me know your interest.
$90+$5 shipped + Paypal'd (or check) CONUS. International destination based on actual shipping cost. You pay any transaction (Paypal, etc) fees, I can't eat those fees.

Steve (ballsbygm) has already done the hard work. I have an OME lift (2-2.5") lift so I should see similar results like Steve, although he has the VDJ200.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/567770-200-series-front-diff-drop.html

Bolts (Grade 10.9) (diameter x length)
2- 14mm x 150mm (2.0mm thread) and nylock (fwd mounts)
1- 14mm x 80mm (1.5mm thread) (aft mount, O/B)
6- 10mm x 50mm (1.25mm thread) (fwd mount bash plates).
1- 8mm x 50mm (1.25mm thread) (plus washer and spring washer for backbone spacer attach).

It's very cost effective to purchase the standard (SAE) sizes for AL spacers, so I will be doing that instead of the metric, sizes are noted below. The spacer heights will be unaffected.

AL (6061-T6) spacers (diameter x height)
3- 63.5mm (2.5" dia.) x 30mm (2x fwd mounts and 1x bash panel aft backbone support).
6- 25.4mm (1" dia.) x 20mm (3x each fwd mount bash cover).
1- 25.4mm (1" dia.) x 18mm O/B aft mount attach

2- Zinc plated grade 10.9 steel nylock nuts / kit
12- Zinc plated grade 8 steel washers / kit
10- Zinc plated grade 8 steel spring/lock washers / kit

Attachments

• 200 series Diff Drop Instruction.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,522
Last edited:
This is on my list of things to do. I'm in.

Thanks for doing this!

I'll update the thread once I have figured out pricing.

The 14x150mm bolts are very expensive and hard to source. So I will have to get the 14x160mm and cut them down to size. That does remove some of the threaded part of the bolt since its a partially threaded bolt, but there is 32mm of thread left after the cut, more than enough for the nut.

All bolts are grade 10.9!

Last edited:
32mm of thread will be plenty. Remember to wind a nut on to the bolt before you cut it so you can run it back off the end to recut the thread where it gets munted by your hacksaw or grinder.

I note a few of the ready made kits available on Ebay and elsewhere neglect to allow for the back 18mm spacer. Its a real pain in the butt but I encourage you all not to neglect it. Also remember to have a little metalx primer or rust inhibitor on hand for when you have ground down the head of the stud by about 4-5mm for diff clearance. A big smear of grease will probably do just as well I guess. I forgot and will have to get back under there to deal with it.

Last edited:
Attached Steve's (ballsbygm) diff drop instructions in original post. I can also use steel as spacers but AL will be best at corrosion resistance and if washers are used, like the instructions state, it shouldn't be a problem.

So I have a pricing of $90 USD for the URJ200 diff drop kit. $5 for priority shipping USPS, so $95 shipped + Paypal'd (or check.)

Please email me at the following address and we can get started. I should be ordering the material this week and then wait for it to arrive. I will update the thread as the stuff comes in and I start on the fabricating.

I will do the install on my 200 and make any tweaks if necessary. Regardless I'll be updating the thread of any issues.

Amir319 at gmail.

I'll wait for version 2.0 - love the willingness to test and produce. Thanks.

It's probably already 3rd or 4th revision. The hard prototype work has already been done by others.

I doubt it will change much at this point.

Order placed. Will update once machine shop work completed.

Hey Amir, any updates?

...via IH8MUD app

Still in-progress. Waiting for bolts to arrive as well. I should have some kits complete by end of April.

I received the bolts finally. Still working on the AL.
I'll be ordering the nuts and washers, all in 8.8 or 10.9.

I'll also be galvanizing spray coating the bolt heads and washers for my kit. If you want your's spray coated with a galvanizing spray, let me know and I'll get it done prior to shipping.

Last edited:
Is this shipping yet?

Sorry guys.
I have all the hardware prepared. I am just waiting on the AL cuts made again, there was an error with cuts.

Will update when complete. thx.

Please count me in for a kit

Please add me to the buy's list - ready to go asap.
Lift order from Slee. Ready for this kit. Any chance of selling everything that you've got and I can get a local machine shop to make the missing spacers? I'll need something in 2 weeks.

Soslo: if you need it in a hurry just have your local machine shop make the parts for you. Most is standard stuff. the bigger bolts might just need to be ordered in but that wont take more than a day or so. It will cost no more than $100 anyway. I had mine made and all parts assembled in less than 3 days and compared to Los Gatos I live on a back country two bit town on Mars. (I love Los Gatos by the way. Spent a bit of time there back in 1984 and have some fond memories of the place and the women - was a great place to be as a 21 year old red-blooded male from New Zealand :cheers:

Dropped the truck off at Mudrak's today. @aMiR904 thanks for sending me the raw parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom