Death valley over landing trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Emergency resolved and left in good time. Cabin found rather easily. Just under 10 miles in from 127. First 7.2 easy graded dirt road and last couple miles not hard either. You could alot no more than 2 hours round trip and have time left over.View attachment 2459816
Awesome 👍

Spent a good part of Saturday getting the truck ready for next weekend's Death Valley Trip! Really looking forward to the trail and camp out!

Unless it has been mentioned or agreed on elsewhere, I suggest we use radio com 146.535 as our initial Baker meet up channel.

Spent a good part of Saturday getting the truck ready for next weekend's Death Valley Trip! Really looking forward to the trail and camp out!

Unless it has been mentioned or agreed on elsewhere, I suggest we use radio com 146.535 as our initial Baker meet up channel.
Jerry, I have "rugged radio" brand handhelds , these devices are pre-programmed and locked. I will have to verify whether or not I have availability to that frequency? The 14 frequencies that are pre-programmed into my device's can be located on other similar unlocked devices usually. Joe and I had success with this earlier in the year on a trip.

Jerry, I have "rugged radio" brand handhelds , these devices are pre-programmed and locked. I will have to verify whether or not I have availability to that frequency? The 14 frequencies that are pre-programmed into my device's can be located on other similar unlocked devices usually. Joe and I had success with this earlier in the year on a trip.

Cool, We can plug into the frequency that work with you. Look forward to trip!

Cool, We can plug into the frequency that work with you. Look forward to trip!
See the attachment here, these are frequencies should be viable for all of us with handheld devices.

IMG_20201011_104427.jpg

Hi gang, out of the lineup per my dr's advice:censor:.

Treating 2x trigger fingers, and x hrs on the steering wheel may aggravate the recovery.

Needless to say, my mountain bike addiction is suffering a wicked withdrawal.

Just remember, when in doubt, straighten 'em out & see you @ next meeting.

PS: if someone who knows Achilles contact info, let him know my status (he kindly offered to haul some extra gas on his rack for my thirsty rig).

Hi all, just wanted to say I'll be up in this area with the family in the 80, only doing a one night getaway Saturday/Sunday but may run across you guys. 👍

See the attachment here, these are frequencies should be viable for all of us with handheld devices.

View attachment 2462414
None of these frequencies are usable on a US spec programmed ham radio. These will not work on my Yaesu FT-8800. They will work on the cheap unlocked Chinese junk only.

None of these frequencies are usable on a US spec programmed ham radio. These will not work on my Yaesu FT-8800. They will work on the cheap unlocked Chinese junk only.

I talked to the Ham Radio shop in Anaheim and it is a quick nip and tuck to make any radio work on those frequencies. That being said, my radio will also not work as I have not done the fix yet. However, I do have a number of hand held junk radios that do work. I will have them in my truck if anybody needs one.

I talked to the Ham Radio shop in Anaheim and it is a quick nip and tuck to make any radio work on those frequencies. That being said, my radio will also not work as I have not done the fix yet. However, I do have a number of hand held junk radios that do work. I will have them in my truck if anybody needs one.
I think that will be fine, we should have no trouble with radio comms.

I've got a chinese HT as well. Just prefer the truck mounted radio.

Thanks Mark for leading the trip I’ll see you all there.
Looking forward to seeing the Toyota L C Bros tomorrow morning in Baker. Game on !!! ✌️😎💪

Awsomely fun trip! Thanks Mark for the planning!!

Thanks for organizing and leading the trip! I am sorry I bailed on you guys early but my headache really sucked... I think being in the Owens Valley Wednesday/Thursday in worse dust before coming on the run wasn't a good idea... I started a photo album here:

Death Valley Run

If anyone has photos they want to add to the album, place them in the following Google Photos album and I will move them to the club website album:

add photos here

I don't know any of your rigs but I'm pretty sure I saw you guys!
There were two groups up there, both with several nicely done 80's and one group had one or two 100's as well.
This was us.
1603080024321.png

First time in the area, we loved it. Maybe next time we can go with the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom