Death Valley Days 2/12-2/15 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am bringing a syphon hose and a tow strap and I never leave home without my plastic or some Benjamin's.

I think this crowd at 3am, forget it. Maybe Mr. Special should bring Depends or a piddle pack to avoid making us light sleepers think it is almost daylight.

I tested using your new water bricks but they were too big. So I got one of these instead. It will be emptied into your gas tank each morning.
little_john_portable_urinal.jpg

Last edited:
I think 212 miles was the longest distance between fuel stops

Change of plans for me. I am not going to bring my trailer. I am going to borrow an OZ Tent. I just have to figure out how to carry my spare gas on the on the roof. Translation I will attempt to join the group at QT at 5:!5AM but will leave and then catch up again in Wickenburg.
All that drama about hooking up the trailer the night before or in the morning was for nothing - Geeezz -- LOL !!!!!

All that drama about hooking up the trailer the night before or in the morning was for nothing - Geeezz -- LOL !!!!!

Well it is all subject to change. I might start whining about how I can't fit all of my unnecessary gear in my FJ and go back to the trailer. Gotta pack today so I can just do small things tomorrow night.

Just curious is the largest distance without gas on pavement or dirt? 212 is no problem for me on pavement. Dirt it's a maybe. Since I am not bringing my trailer I don't have a way to mount gas cans on my FJ other than strapping a couple of red cans on top.

It is on pavement. It is the distance from Kingman to Beatty. If you stop in Vegas your longest distance is 144 which is Vegas to Beatty.

Ok I think I will skip bringing my gas cans. I found a decent way to put them on my flat rack with a endless ratchet strap but if I don't need to add the weight and drag I'll leave them at home. I have come to realize I still have too much crap but it is all critically important of course!

Hopefully I have packed enough beer.....

Last edited:
I don't think it will be either. I am just the prepared sort though. Rather have a little more than I need instead of not enough.

We will watch the fuel situation, there are a few options to get gas if needed

Phil, have a great time at the beach. The weather will be great there too, does camping in your trailer count towards the annual goal?

I am meeting the East Valley crew at QT @Southern and 101 at 5:15 am.
CB antenna hooked up and I am mostly packed!

12 Gallons of water (shared use), small tent, sleeping bag, pad, pillow, ear plugs so I can't hear me snore, camp chair, clothes, snacks, small camp stove, small percolator, coffee grounds, propane lantern, extra propane bottles, misc. kitchen items, flame, small hand tools , shovel, bumper dumper (just wait!), etc. Need anything or should I leave anything to avoid multiple duplicates? I just need to put ice in the cooler on the case of 4Peaks Kiltlifter and cold snacks. It is going to be a great 4 days. Thank you for having me along CSC.

Rooty - aka Steve, the new guy with the white Lx470...

As long as the beer makes it into your rig you are golden. :beer:

We are a mere 24 hours away from departure, I will see all of you tomorrow. I think CrawlAZ is going to meet us in the park on Saturday. I have a call with him later today.

Just over flew Beatty. Looking good. I will try to meet th QT group. If I am not there don't wait for me. I have to stop at a friends to pick up an OZ Tent on 60 towards Wickenburg so I will need to split from the group at somepoint anyway. Being in Wickenburg at departure time should not be an issue.

Planning on simple meals but should have stuff to contribute to any group meals.. I will have my grill with me and camp fire in a can. I might have room in my fridge if anyone needs some help. Will finish packing tonight so I can just throw my antennas on and hit the road.

I have my InReach if anyone needs emergency communication while we are in the middle of nowhere.

Gah I need another day to pack! Ha, looking forward to tomorrow and see you tomorrow at QT

As long as the beer makes it into your rig you are golden. :beer:
He is bringing something better than beer - Kiltlifter - that is my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom