Cyclone Pre Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The attachement that replaces a straight tube spins the incoming air and uses centrifugal force to "spin" the dirt out of the air before it reaches the air filter. It also cerates an area of low pressure that accelerates the air into the intake. This will not work on a CAI but will work with a Safari Snorkle . I have 1 on order and should have it within a month. I'll give a update when i get it on.

1grfecyc.jpg

spinner.jpg

I'm looking forward to what you have to say about (whether it's worth it or not) and how easy it is to retrofit.

DEWFPO

I don't think I would use that with a snorkel. It could be a possible place for water to enter.

I don't think I would use that with a snorkel. It could be a possible place for water to enter.

Teh dust collecter has a rubber check valve that seals off, so you have to purge it by hand (anyway that is how it works on the Prado). SO it shouldn't pose a water problem unless it is totally drowned in water for some time, at which time you will have much bigger problems with that much water in the engine bay.

http://www.lcool.org/technical/120_series/air_cleaner/pre-spinner.html

The attachement that replaces a straight tube spins the incoming air and uses centrifugal force to "spin" the dirt out of the air before it reaches the air filter. It also cerates an area of low pressure that accelerates the air into the intake. This will not work on a CAI but will work with a Safari Snorkle . I have 1 on order and should have it within a month. I'll give a update when i get it on.

1grfecyc.jpg

spinner.jpg

Sweet man, just like on the 80 series Land Cruiser!:beer:
all they need is a cyclonic air filter and they will really have it!

Does anyone know if it will work simiular to a cold air intake ? I figure if it's spinning it has to bring in more air than the stock setup.

I don't see how it could act like a cold air intake any more then the intakes without it would. Cold air intakes are usually named such because they reposition the air intake point to allow more and colder air in. They also have a tendency to allow more dust in too, so in that respect they are complete opposites.

I installed the cyclone today and it was a 5 minute job. There's 2 15mm bolts and 1 clamp that have to be removed in order to install it, simple and anyone can do it. I installed a new filter as well so i can see if this thing really does anything. I'm heading to OBX next week so i'll give an update after driving on the beach for a week. Here's a few photos of it.

100_3393.jpg

100_3394.jpg

100_3392.jpg

This is the disarge valve just squeeze.

100_3395.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom