Compatible front break pads and rotors for 1990 HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping to find compatible front break pads and rotors that fit 1990 HZJ/PZJ 73/77 that I can get locally in US market. Heard maybe Tacoma or FJ60?

Last edited:
I have Advics AD0436 that I just got delivered today from rock auto that are supposed to be a direct fit to my hzj77 (front). I'll confirm fit tomorrow but I'm confident they'll be the right ones.

Aisin ceramics, so should be good?

I have Advics AD0436 that I just got delivered today from rock auto that are supposed to be a direct fit to my hzj77 (front). I'll confirm fit tomorrow but I'm confident they'll be the right ones.

Confirmed! They fit. Note that this particular box doesn't come with any hardware. Just pads.
PXL_20231209_173602000.jpg

PXL_20231209_222959099.jpg

(Btw, rear pads are the same as the FJ cruiser rears etc (seem to end in 606 as a rule) in case anyone ends up here for rear pads...I have a set of those on their way).

Note that this particular box doesn't come with any hardware. Just pads.

I haven't even looked seriously at my brakes, yet: "hardware" = slides, clips, shims, etc?

(Btw, rear pads are the same as the FJ cruiser rears etc (seem to end in 606 as a rule) in case anyone ends up here for rear pads...I have a set of those on their way).

I'm about to do both sets in the next couple of months, so, thanks for that. 👍

I haven't even looked seriously at my brakes, yet: "hardware" = slides, clips, shims, etc?

I'm about to do both sets in the next couple of months, so, thanks for that. 👍
Hardware in terms of the front is two pins (sliders) and wire clip retainers... Two each per side.

Thanks, all!
After chatting with TorFab in Everett, WA. and Land Cruiser NW in Portland, OR., I'm going with pads and calipers for 2nd gen 4 Runner and rotors from FJ60. Won't be able to get to it for a few weeks, but will confirm.

Confirmed! They fit. Note that this particular box doesn't come with any hardware. Just pads.
View attachment 3502950
View attachment 3502951
I have an unopened box of the same … AD0436 … for my 1992 HZJ73, so I’d say you are good!
I’ve got new rotors in a box too. I’m planning on tackling the front brakes once I’m done the rod ends and a hub rebuild. I don't know what the calipers will be like until they come off, but a reman set for the 4Runner are pretty cheap, so I’ll prob get them. I’m posting details in my build thread as I go.

They definitely fit, we’ve been using the Advics 0436 on 90+ 7x’s for many years. Sold hundreds of sets of them to 7x owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom