Colorado Land Cruisers HAS a New LOGO!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The time has come...
Last meeting, the club decided it needed a fresh Logo. We decided to get a committee together and get er done. Some stuff we touched on was...

- We would like two vehicles on the logo..."FJ40 and a Taco" since we are not only a land cruiser club.
- We would like stuff that represents us...Pikes peak and such...
- We need it to look good in color (5 colors or less) and in black and white.
- Something round or rectangular as to make for a good patch.

Well, thats all I can remember, post your Ideas here and bring your thinking caps for the next meeting, maybe some sketches...:cheers:

Some Discussions from the past.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/co-cruisers-private/163561-logo-ideas.html

and one logo that i have, its the FJ60 LC Text i modified

Im all for a new modern logo!, But after all the discussion 3 years ago, i kindof realized that the old logo has a cool look to it, it fills most of the Criteria listed above, and fits our club rather well IMO.
clclogo.jpg
clc.jpg

The more colors we use, it becomes more costly to print, make stickers or get patches since most of the professional printing and patch companies charge for more colors...hope this makes sense.

The only time I can see number of colors being important is for patches. Most printing firms are now using digital printers so the number of colors doesn't matter. That is unless you are paying for screen printing or offset press printing. I don't see the advantage of using screen or offset press anymore.

I'd use Custom T-Shirts, Unique Gifts, Posters, and Mugs | CafePress for everything. The only thing they don't do is patches. The advantage with them is they make the products to order. The club doesn't have to lay out any up front money and no minimum order.

Here's a (roughly) 4 color image of pikes peak and GOG I made last night playing with GIMP. Feel free to use it if you like. I've got a larger version as well.
Pikes Peak 4color-scl.jpg

Last edited:
cafe press was discussed in the past. If memory serves me right (and it might not...) there is no way to restrict sales of items on that site. Meaning anyone and everyone could buy the items. The issue with that is that we may not want people outside of the club access to items with our logo.

Some more noodling around over lunch. Anybody have any line drawings of trucks?
clc_logo_rect.jpg
clc_1_oval.jpg

cafe press was discussed in the past. If memory serves me right (and it might not...) there is no way to restrict sales of items on that site. Meaning anyone and everyone could buy the items. The issue with that is that we may not want people outside of the club access to items with our logo.

A quick question to CafePress returned this:

You can opt out of the marketplace and mark it as “Private”. Marking your shop as Private will keep it from being listed in our Marketplace and prevent outside search engines, such as Google or Yahoo, index it. Access to your shop can only be made by directly linking to it.

Which means if you opt out, no one can order unless they know the specific URL. So as long as the club doesn't post the URL in a public area, no one but club members can order. Or I suppose the very lucky people that could randomly guess the URL.

Eric, you might be on to something there. I like the way that looks. Maybe we could surround the perimeter with different toyota makes? Fj40, Fj60, Fj80, Uzj100, pickup, 4runner, instead of trying to narrow down to one Land Cruiser and truck in the pic? then maybe an Fj40 and an Fj80 in the picture? I hate to put a Tacoma in there, they just don't seem to capture the Toyota toughness. I would rather see a first gen pickup like Charlies. Maybe a pine tree silhouette and a rock or two?

Eric, you might be on to something there. I like the way that looks. Maybe we could surround the perimeter with different toyota makes? Fj40, Fj60, Fj80, Uzj100, pickup, 4runner, instead of trying to narrow down to one Land Cruiser and truck in the pic? then maybe an Fj40 and an Fj80 in the picture? I hate to put a Tacoma in there, they just don't seem to capture the Toyota toughness. I would rather see a first gen pickup like Charlies. Maybe a pine tree silhouette and a rock or two?

I'm afraid if you try to squeeze to much in there, they'll just look like blobs when you shrink it down and embroider or print it to fit on a hat or breast pocket T-shirt. It may already be to busy.

In any case, I played with it a little more. Maybe one iconic looking truck on top of the bezel?

This is just ideas and playing around - don't worry about criticizing it, suggesting changes, or coming up with something else entirely.
clc_1_oval_bezel.jpg
clc_logo_rect_bezel.jpg

Wow, all the opinions come out on the forum, but in the meeting everyone was in a coma...:flipoff2:

...why not a big fat "Lexus" on there with some spineers...so we can represent CLC with some Bling Bling baby!... Oh and a 4Runner with the hood open to show the Fuel Injection and a little sign below with something like "ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka"...hallla playa! :grinpimp: just my 2 cents!

I think we need some virtual meetings...definalty more activity here...:cheers:

I have been looking through all the other clubhouse listed clubs, and most everyone used an Fj40 for their logo. If not an Fj40 it's and Fj60 or *gasp* an Fj cruiser. I really liked this clubs logo the best, Louisiana based club:

don't worry about criticizing it, suggesting changes, or coming up with something else entirely.

Ok, It looks like it was filled in with crayons...:D

I have been looking through all the other clubhouse listed clubs, and most everyone used an Fj40 for their logo. If not an Fj40 it's and Fj60 or *gasp* an Fj cruiser. I really liked this clubs logo the best, Louisiana based club:

link would be nice....oh let me guess...its picture of a throttle body? :hillbilly: ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka...gotcha.

link would be nice....oh let me guess...its picture of a throttle body? :hillbilly: ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka...gotcha.

:rolleyes: wiseass...........:)

To tell you the truth, I'm not too worried about embroidered patches if that's going to hold the whole thing up.......It's been a while since my blue jean jacket fit me anyway, I would rather have cool looking stickers, and a really nice web page. I just love that Fj40 silhouette...........

Bayou state cruisers:

It's ok, but I dont like the letters, looks like something done in microsoft word...I think we can do better.

It would be nice if we could make it into a circle, then we could even make a back side to it and get some coins made...that would be sweet.

Rui, I've been working at the hospital on the AFA. If you want me to, I can talk one of the nurses into letting me have some I.V. bags..........then we can hang one on your windshield and give that carb an I.V. drip of gasoline to keep it running when the trail goes uphill! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom