Cheap snorkel from Malaysia not too bad! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have no idea how this will perform over time, but it's heavy (coated fiberglass maybe?) and looks to be of very good build quality. Whole kit (snorkel, hardware, flex duct and clamps) $150 shipped on eBay. Also, was the first one I'd seen labeled with "Land Cruiser".

Whatdaya think?

image-2988918184.jpg

image-3537509816.jpg

image-891060511.jpg
image-891060511.jpg
image-3537509816.jpg
image-2988918184.jpg

Looks good to me. The only thing I can imagine being a problem is that if it is fiberglass, and you've very unlucky, it could potentially crack from an impact or long-term vibration-related stress. Unlikely, though, and if you weren't concerned too much with looks, you could just caulk the crack to reseal it, like you can do on fiberglass boats.

Now, unrelated question: do you have some more pictures of that front bumper?

Me likey.

Looks great, I've been following the other thread on these and want to pull the trigger. is this line about UV rating from Safari just marketing or a legit concern? Would the fiberglass hold up better than plastic?

http://www.safarisnorkel.com/docs/product.htm

Prolly BS from Safari, but if it UV concerns you, just paint it with bumper spray paint, problem gone.

I really don't know what the material is... Definitely coated or painted with something fairly thick and with texture. Doesn't seem like bed liner, but has a somewhat similar feel.

On the bumper, it's an older hand made, but the PO cut the brush guard portion off. One cool feature is that you can move to winch from front to back. I plan on fabbing something else up front to protect the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

You know, after thinking about it more, wouldn't it have to be some sort of injection/spun molded resin to get the lettering on it?

I really dunno what the material is, but it's solid and seems well made.

Well, you caught me... truth is I haven't yet. I've got a V8 conversion and I've only got 2/3rds of the parts bought. I bought the Spectre racing low-profile plenum to mate to a K&N Apollo or other closed housing with a filter. Will post pics of the plenum in a bit.

i have a safari snorkel on my 61 and it is nothing special, just brand name hype. i would have one of these in a heart beat and as for the fibre glass cracking etc if that were the case why are there companies making replacement cruiser body parts and shells out of it? FFS even toyota mad fibre glass body parts from the factory for some models!

nice find!!

Like the snorkel, and really like the lift size. What lift do you have on that blue 60?

Looks great. I want one just because it looks quite nice. The only water I cross is if rains and the driveway gets 1/4" of water at the bottom. Nice work. Post pics when you get all of the plumbing in place.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how you hook up your snorkel. I just did a v8 conversion as well and am a tad nervous about there being enough airflow for the MAF sensor with a snorkel. These vortecs are so sensitive, it's like they're in counseling or something.

Just did a write up/install on this snorkel it's a few pages back, same identical one. $165 shipped to my house

image-2030506500.jpg
image-2030506500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom