Carb jetting Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the 2F motor back together. It is bored 40 over, head decked about 25. I have the Downey 'torquer' cam, and the MAF Tri-y ceramic headers. Engine is desmogged, and ther will be no cat either.

Should I re-jet the primary a little larger? Mechanic friend says it'll have a little flat spot otherwise. I thought it was way too rich stock, so I gigured the stock jet should work out fine with these mods. Maybe not.

Geez, wonder what my mpg will be....

So, no one? I figured there was a couple people here with a HiPo 2F.....

I would just measure it once it is running and see where you are. You know what MAF recommends?

No. Being that it's a combo of MAF and Downey, not sure if anyone company can help. I can check though.

How do you 'measure' it once ut's running?

Basically a smog test but alittle more data. See how lean you are actually running.

I'd start at writing down a temp # with a laser at the ex. with the jets in it now and the motor temp fully warm. Then change jets and do the same. The leaner it runs the higher the "egt" ex temp. Ihave a haucked up 2f with a man-a fre cam and other goodies. I had to jet up 2 jets just to keep the motor to run at 190 deg. Fuel mil. went down, but who cares when you can burn rubber in 1st with a carbed 2f:cheers::cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom