Can I swap 15 inch tires to my 2001 4runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

vtcruiser60

SILVER Star
Threads
Short of the long.....I have a nice set of 30 x 9.5 x 15 michelin tires on some 60 series landcruiser rims. I am wondering if I can mount these to my 3rd Gen (2001) 4runner? Currently we have 16 inch wheels on there.

Thanks...

I believe that year runner had the same size brakes as the taco's. If they do then they should fit. I've seen 4 runners with 15's and 16inch wheels. Best bet is to just put one on the front and see if it clears the caliper and rotor.

if your runner is a 4banger 2wd, then it can fit as they came with 15's. 16's were optional. however, if it came with 16s from the factory with 16's showing on the door jamb sticker, then it will not fit due to the bigger front brakes.

since you have access to the wheels, why not try yourself to see if it fits

https://forum.ih8mud.com/95-gen-toy...es-lc-rims-fit-96-4runner-clear-calipers.html

I had recently posted a thread on this very thing... in short if your runner has the larger front calipers that need 16 inch rims to clear then no the land cruiser factory rims won't clear the calipers. I like the way you were thinking though!:D

Perhaps rather than removing 2 tires..if the 4runner calipers are pretty tight, as in 1 fingers width, to the 16 inch rims then no luck.

since you have access to the wheels, why not try yourself to see if it fits

Thanks for the replies....I'll give it a try this weekend and report back....

I bought the wheels, 15x8, from Wheelers offroad out in Oregon....mainly for my 96 Tacoma. I always thought I would use the rims, down the road, for my FJ40....a bit wider rim to accomodate my 34x9.5 super swampers (love those freaking tires).....well, i have yet to swap them out.

So...I have these really nice M & S Michelins sitting in the garage, on 15 inch rims, and it dawned on my that perhaps I could just run them on the 4runner...

Anyway...I'll swap one out and see what the results are.

Thanks for the replies....I'll give it a try this weekend and report back....

I bought the wheels, 15x8, from Wheelers offroad out in Oregon....mainly for my 96 Tacoma. I always thought I would use the rims, down the road, for my FJ40....a bit wider rim to accomodate my 34x9.5 super swampers (love those freaking tires).....well, i have yet to swap them out.

So...I have these really nice M & S Michelins sitting in the garage, on 15 inch rims, and it dawned on my that perhaps I could just run them on the 4runner...

Anyway...I'll swap one out and see what the results are.

I'm not a big fan of wheel spacers, but you can always put them in to fit 15 inch wheels if you needed to.

VERSION_2.jpg

TEPUI I agree with you on wheel spacers. I guess I should never comment on what can or can not fit onto what vehicle. If you go with a bolt on spacer you should be able to bolt nearly any wheel onto nearly any hub.
At any rate I think I might try my newly acquired 03 Taco steel rims on the landcruiser..should be able to bolt a 16inch onto the LC if the rubber clears the fenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom