Calico Ghost Town – Barstow, CA, January 24 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who else plans on camping on Saturday?
Jerry I plan on coming out for camping, the weather forecast shows small chance of rain, but as long as a group will be camping out, i'm in!

Jerry I plan on coming out for camping, the weather forecast shows small chance of rain, but as long as a group will be camping out, i'm in!
Cool! Looking forward to bit of camping! I will be in Calico's Mule Canyon either late morning or early afternoon at the coordinates listed above . I will be monitoring 2-meter frequency 146.535

Cool! Looking forward to bit of camping! I will be in Calico's Mule Canyon either late morning or early afternoon at the coordinates listed above . I will be monitoring 2-meter frequency 146.535
Good to know! Will this be the official channel for this run? I will probably be out there in the early to late afternoon. Hope we don't get too much rain!

Hey all - I'm getting excited for our Calico run! I had something come up for Saturday morning, and camping doesn't look likely for me. If I am able to camp, it will be an early afternoon decision. For those of you camping, the weekend forecast doesn't look too bad - 54/34 degrees with only a 20% chance of rain (bring a warm sleeping bag!) for Saturday, and 59 degrees and generally sunny for Sunday. Should be a great run!

Based on the posts above, it looks like we'll expect the following:

Day Trip
  1. Chris H. (Otis)
  2. Kyle (MechE30)
  3. Dave M. (Big Wave Dave)
  4. Travis V. (Travis1zero1)
  5. Chris V.
  6. Bryan (bdobyns)
  7. Joe (DirtyRice Joe)
  8. Brandon (Justanothermember)
  9. Marc (oc cruiser 97)
  10. Mitch
Camping Saturday Night
  1. Jerry (TemboTusk)
See post #26 for comms plan - Thanks, Jerry!

Last edited:
man down...er vehicle. Noon...raining...jumped in rig...wipers not working. This on top of my speedo going south yesterday (not a show stopper). Pulled the plug.

Till next time :doh:

In this case, it looks like, ill join up with the group tomorrow morning. Seems like we don't have anyone camping out except Jerry :(. I would be getting a late start this evening and since it will be only me, and at that rate I would not be looking forward to setting up in the dark. I will join the group out there early morning Sunday though!

See post #29 for latest update on who's planning to be there.

Marc & I will meet at 6:30 AM, at the McDonald's in Corona (808 Serfas Club Drive), and caravanning from there if anyone else wants to join us. See you all tomorrow!

I have some pics I would like to share but most are on the large to very large size.
210124 Calico-7.jpg

210124 Calico-31.jpg

I have some pics I would like to share but most are on the large to very large size.
Anyone can upload photos to this link and I will place them on the website photo album.

Unfortunately, I am out of town so I will not be able to update the photo album until the weekend...

Anyone can upload photos to this link and I will place them on the website photo album.

Unfortunately, I am out of town so I will not be able to update the photo album until the weekend...
I added the pics to the link that was provided!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom