Buzz from Speaker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched all Amplifier and Speaker threads on here and still cannot find an answer to this scenario I'm experiencing with my 99 LX with the Levinson system and an aftermarket Alpine HU. If I leave the truck parked for 2 or 3 days or more the speakers will buzz when I go to drive it again. Eventually the buzz goes away in a week or so. When I park it again for a period of time again it comes back and I go through the week or so again until it goes away. Thoughts?

There could be a correlation between your charging system and the noise you're hearing. Parked, battery drains down a bit, start and drive and your charging system is working a little harder and you're getting conducted breakthrough which goes away when the battery is fully charged? Can you induce the noise by adding charging system load by turning the headlights and ac blower on? Can you stop the noise by placing your battery on charge if it needs it? The source of the noise could be as simple as your battery is loosing storage capacity or poor terminal or chassis connections. Have a look at crutchfields car audio noise suppression info and fault finding flow chart for more things to check.

I'm going to try the first solution posted seeing how the alternator and battery were just replaced and it did it before and now. Thank you both for the input and lets see how this pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom