Brake Wire for Trailer Brake Controller - where on 2002 LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 LX470 that I am setting up to pull a Travel Trailer.
The 2002 does not have the underdash connector and I had to use a custom wiring kit.
I've got the kit fully wired except for the brake pedal connection.

I need a connection to the Brake Pedal Switch as an input to the Brake Controller.
On my LX there is a connector at the top of the Brake pedal mechanism but that connector has
4 small wires that look more like signal wires to a controller.

Where is the appropriate brake pedal connection for the Brake Controller?

Any tips on removing the foot well side panel?
Remove the driver side foot rest ???

Looks like these parts are just press fitted ... but I don't want to bugger it
up before asking.

Last edited:

That was a very informative post and even though it was for a 1998 LC, it was spot on for my 2002 LX470.

I did not though modify the Ashtray - instead I just removed the Ashtray and press fitted
my Prodigy P3 controller into the Ashtray opening.

Here are some photos:

BrakeController-1.jpg

BrakeController-2.jpg

Brake Wire Connection for Brake Controller-1.jpg

I have the Prodigy controller too. I'd spliced the red wire into the green wire nearer the switch but after reading this, I rewired it to this lower area behind the kick panel. I recommend prying up the foot reset, lifting the cover off the rear most post, then pulling the panel rearward. There are two slide in retaining clips. No screws or fasteners (on mine). I got a solid, reliable 12+ volts. Thank you. This was a much safer connection point.

@cwmoser Thanks for sharing those pictures like 7 years ago. They motivated me to mount the brake controller in the same spot. It worked out great! Only problem is my used ebay brake controller has a broken display so now I need to pull it all back apart again.

PXL_20231201_172855496.MP.jpg

PXL_20231201_172911144.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom