BMW Seats into an 85 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm looking at this now too and would like to see your plans and pictures :)

I have some '84 toyota pickup seats that are comfortable, but completely different mounting. I saved them due to they have separate adjustability on legs, lumbar, and sides. Pity they didn't put em in fj60s stock.

Cheers

I'm looking at this now too and would like to see your plans and pictures :)

I have some '84 toyota pickup seats that are comfortable, but completely different mounting. I saved them due to they have separate adjustability on legs, lumbar, and sides. Pity they didn't put em in fj60s stock.

Cheers

I didn't really draw up any plans and most of the pics are in the thread. But I will gladly answer any specific questions or take pics if you need them. This adapter bracket that I made would work for any seat that bolts down to a flat floor.

I didn't really draw up any plans and most of the pics are in the thread. But I will gladly answer any specific questions or take pics if you need them. This adapter bracket that I made would work for any seat that bolts down to a flat floor.
Thanks, I am a couple hour drive from my 60 so only see her on the weekends and always forget to take the measurements. Maybe TXNight will post something. Thanks for the thread though, lots a great pictures.

Ok, after tinkering around with a few ideas I decided to just copy the corbeau mounts. It was a fun mental exercise and took quite a bit of time. I guess you could cobble this together without a welder but It would take quite a bit of additional time.

If you don't have access to metal working tools I recommend buying the Corbeau mounts and modifying them to work with the BMW seats.

My only modifications to the cruiser its self were to remove the rear seat mounts from the floor. The stock mounts aren't flat on top and the BMW seats wouldn't sit flat. The risers are also quite tall which made the seat sit up higher than I liked.

Toyota Landcruiser FJ60/62 80-4/86 Seat Brackets - Corbeau Racing Seats

Hope this helps!

Resurrecting an old thread. Thinking about changing out my E92 seats to get heated E60 ones. I am not a fan of the bolsters on the sport seats. Plus mine are not heated, and need a toasty ass lol. Anyone attempted to put "newer" BMW seats in their 60? Any issues?

Resurrecting an old thread. Thinking about changing out my E92 seats to get heated E60 ones. I am not a fan of the bolsters on the sport seats. Plus mine are not heated, and need a toasty ass lol. Anyone attempted to put "newer" BMW seats in their 60? Any issues?
In doing some more research, it looks like it has something called a pulse width modulation that operates the heaters. Any aftermarket solution for this?

In doing some more research, it looks like it has something called a pulse width modulation that operates the heaters. Any aftermarket solution for this?

a lot of the modern heated clothing for motorcycles uses a digital type of temperature controller instead of the old style resistance adjusted controls. Basically you need the little digital computer box that takes power and ground and outputs the appropriate signal to the heater elements. Guessing the bmw forums probably have lots of threads on people asking about this or ways to put new seats in old cars and convert etc.

The BMW forums are your friend. I was able to power my BMW seat heater via a BMW switch. I also was able to get the local BMW service manager to let a mechanic pull up the wiring diagram for the VIN that my seats came out of. Mine came out of an '08 3- series with the computer box that I can't remember the name of. Obviously, I didnt have that, so I had to run a inline switch on the power to my driver seat for the controls to move it, as the seat would time out in 90 seconds and power off, with constant power. Point being, you should be able to figure out what the wires to the heater pads do, and mimic them mechanically.

The BMW forums are your friend. I was able to power my BMW seat heater via a BMW switch. I also was able to get the local BMW service manager to let a mechanic pull up the wiring diagram for the VIN that my seats came out of. Mine came out of an '08 3- series with the computer box that I can't remember the name of. Obviously, I didnt have that, so I had to run a inline switch on the power to my driver seat for the controls to move it, as the seat would time out in 90 seconds and power off, with constant power. Point being, you should be able to figure out what the wires to the heater pads do, and mimic them mechanically.
Thanks. I had it all figured out for the E92 seats I have, put the power on/off to defeat the 90 second shutdown, and bought Dorman heating pads to put in. But then I thought......(teaches me for thinking) that before I install the pads on seats that are maybe not right, get some heated comfort seats. I found some on Ebay, but they are new fancy ones and the heater controls are on the touch screen. My old seats will likely be fine, but the new ones look better. I think they are 2010 or maybe newer. the only issue I can tell so far is the heaters. I've been searching, but no luck so far.

Last edited:
Have you checked in with Torfab? I have not seen him limit the use of his brackets to any model year, just '3-series'. He may be able to tell you if the newer seats will work. Also, check LKQ.com for seats. They may be cheaper than ebay. Mine were $400 total , shipped from Dallas to VA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom