For Sale BJ60 Project –For Sale- Phx, AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To focus on my FJ55 I need to clear room in my garage so I’m selling my diesel project. I’m just looking to get out of it what I have in it. $1700. It would be worth more if I were to part it out but I don’t personally believe in parting out rigs that could be kept on the road. So if that’s your intent then don’t tell me. I won’t part it at this time so please don’t ask.
Specs:
1983 BJ60 (Canadian model)
3B Diesel engine
H55 Trans (yes the much sought after 5 spd.)/ Split Case TC
PS, PB, No A/C
Stock rims, stock size tires
12V electrical system – yes this is a 12V not a 24V system
Clear AZ Title

History (as it was related to me by seller, a local LC Guru)
A gentleman bought this truck in Canada and soon after moved to New Hampshire. He then retired to Tucson where the truck has been for 20+ years. It has long since dried out from its northern life and has very little effects of northern winter driving. The truck had been well cared for mechanically before the cylinder head cracked (common for very high mileage 3B’s). It had 473K kilometers (almost 300K mi.) before that happened. The truck would still crank when I bought. It does not appear to have been abused or even wheeled hard, country road driving at worst.

Body is a little rough. It has dents and dings, a few very small rust holes over the rear fenders. All the glass is good. The interior is no too bad. Driver’s seat is well worn. The dash pad is in fair condition. It needs a new front carpet and new headliner. Rear carpet and rear seat are fairly decent. I wouldn’t look to restore this truck but it would make a great expedition or trail truck.

There are many options to get this truck back on the road. Such as: Sourcing a lower mileage Canadian 3B (their bodies rust out before the engine gives out), buy a new Australian high nickel cylinder head (widely used in Coasters and LCs down there), or drop in a complete Aussie 3B sourced from an importer or Cruiser parts dealer. Complete rebuild kits are also available through companies such as Roo Dogs in AU for much less than domestic sources. As you can tell I’ve researched this project fairly well so if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Norm
BJ60 4sale pix 007.jpg
BJ60 4sale pix 006.jpg
BJ60 4sale pix 005.jpg

More Pix.
BJ60 4sale pix 001r.jpg
BJ60 4sale pix 002.jpg
BJ60 4sale pix 003r.jpg

Last pix.
BJ60 4sale pix 008.jpg
BJ60 4sale pix 004r.jpg
BJ60 4sale pix 009r.jpg

Still available at this time.

I am looking at a BJ42 that has a spare 3b that might look really good in this BJ60! I'll get some more info from you if that deal works out and I end up with an engine I could drop in this rig.

Definitely let me know if you end up with the other 3B, whether you want the truck or want to sell the engine.

Thanks New2Cruiser.

-Norm

Did not end up with the BJ42 and spare 3b. Found a different BJ42 that is a project car, so I don't have an engine for this rig. Good luck with the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom