BJ44 resurrection on limited budget (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's my bj44 land cruiser build,

Plans are:

Custom springs with extended shackles
Power steering conversion
Full re spray
35"/37" mud tyres on 15x10" rims
Lock right diff locks
Fresh interior
Cage and soft top

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1434358455.279108.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dan

Whereabouts in NZ are you?

(I'm in Wellington BTW)

I'm guessing this is a used-import from Japan. Would that be right?

Someone obviously didn't like the white to have resprayed the outside black!

Is the 2B engine still running well?

:beer:

I'm in ashburton near Christchurch, it was a quick spray can job by the looks of it. It was re powered with a 3b and 5 speed at some point and I have recently added a ct26 turbo to the mix ;) yes it is a jap import

thanks.

Good luck with your plans...

I'm off up to Auckland in mine tomorrow. As usual on such a long trip these days, I don't expect to see even one other 40-series sharing the roads.

I won't get home till 1am and I'll be towing a rather heavy trailer so it'll be a long day.. especially since I'm stopping off on the way .. I probably wouldn't do it if I were to be driving any other vehicle.. (Such is the lure of a 40-series!!! They're worth the effort of preserving that's for sure.)

Cheers mate,
awesome that'll be a nice wee cruise for the old girl.
They're rather addictive aren't they haha.
What engine are you running in yours? It's a hard slog with the old N/a 3b when you're towing a heavy load ae

sweet! ... that's a rare beast in these parts ... looking forward to your 44 resurrection ...

Welcome Dan! A 44 is indeed rare in these parts!

Speaking of parts, there is an outfit in Timaru that has a stack of 40s and 45s that they part out. Might have their details somewhere if your interested?

Hmm can't find the details as easily as I thought!

Keep an eye on trade me - he advertises there on an infrequent basis.

Cheers mate,
awesome that'll be a nice wee cruise for the old girl.
They're rather addictive aren't they haha.
What engine are you running in yours? It's a hard slog with the old N/a 3b when you're towing a heavy load ae

You'll laugh at this no doubt ......

I'm running the original non-turboed 2977cc B.

But 80 - 90 are the speeds my BJ40 likes and 90kph is the speed limit for towing a trailer anyway (and you know what the police are like for petty speed enforcement detail these days).

There's nothing wrong with the old b engine :) mite I suggest a turbo upgrade? Makes a hell of a difference especially when towing,
Yeah it's starting to get rather pathetic isn't it. They should at least have a 10k tolerance

ok so im starting to pick up the pace again with this build, i have found a pair of bj60 axles and will be picking them up next week :) tomorrow will consist of applying body filler and sanding, will hopefully have most of the rear primed by the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom