BJ40 Hard top roof seal?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,in the process of rebuilding my BJ40 and need to replace the roof seal.My question is where do i purchase one from without having to spend a forture?Maybe my fellow Aussie Mudders can help me out.Any suggestions are welcome.

Try sheet rubber maybe 1/8 inch thick. Or look on line, you might find some with a 1/4 inch bead on one side.

I think I saw somebody on here that used a piece of rubber designed to run along the bottom of a garage door. Not sure how the corners would work though.

Hi
Trying to save money on the forty series roof seal.
Been down this road and brought a CC seal to save money.
Looked at this seal for one month wondering how to fit.
To solve the problem I brought a new genuine Toyota seal.
Easy to fit and looks good.
The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.
You can contact me if you want to try and fit the CC seal as it now lives in my forty series left over and double up box.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Went to my friendly,helpful but expensive local Toyota dealer today for some information on a roof seal.
Part no 63168-90307 list price $489.52.I know you cant bet genuine parts,however my build is a budget build.I am going to further research my options.
Hey Bambi Girl whats wrong with a CC seal???

Hi Vanners
The CC seal has the rear corners spliced . I could not get the seal to sit right .
It may suit your needs as my build is high end.
I'm in Brisbane if that's a help.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Hi
Sounds to good to be true.
What's the catch.
If you buy post some photos .
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Is there a list of all the rubber parts that you need to put the rear cab and roof back on?
I want to put the cab and roof back on as when purchased it was a soft top (back cab removed as we do ) and have managed to buy them but have no rubbers.
Any help would be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom