Big Bear-a-thon for June 2023 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll know by EOD today if my son can pick up my wife from the airport Friday. If so, I can meet you in Fawnskin Friday morning at the scheduled 9:30.

For Thursday Arrivals:
I’ll be heading out just before 9 am to avoid a rush hour traffic and will be taking I-10 from East LA if you plan to caravan with me. Otherwise, let’s meet up around 11 or noon at Polique Canyon Road 34°15'52.5"N 116°55'23.7"W - https://maps.app.goo.gl/j7erN46bxrZRAbYb6?g_st=ic.
Shortly after noon, we will head to the Holcomb Pinnacles. This is the first camp site that we will try to secure: 34°18'18.9"N 116°53'10.1"W - https://maps.app.goo.gl/Zum1B2oAywWWbHkm8?g_st=ic.
If that doesn’t work out, there are a few alternatives in same area. If nothing is suitable in the Holcomb Pinnacles, then we’ll drive back out and head further east on 3N16 towards other alternatives.

Apologies for not wanting to post my phone number in this post, a publicly accessible space (too many spams). My number is in the club shared contact list (one that is maintained by our beloved president Joe DirtyRice Joe - https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/14030/). If you are not on it you don’t have it. In which case, send me a PM here and I’ll respond with my number. Or just check with other club members, some may already had it or can access the club list.
Dat, I’ll leave from Anaheim early enough to meet you along the way on Thursday. I might be slow going up the steep part of the hill, so maybe we meet after the steep part is done.

Ok, will leave OC by 7-7:30 so see you in Fawnskin at 9:30.

Due to sig other's work schedule, we will be leaving capo beach approx noon on thurs.
eta looks to be 3p or later. No ham radio on this buggy.

Any one else w. similar timing, hollar for convoy potential.
I'll try and post the camp location once we get there. If you don't know by the time you get up in the dirt, check the sites along Holcomb Pinnacles Camp Road, 3N07 (34.30509, -116.88621) and (34.30788, -116.89453). If we're not there then check out the site off Hepburn Mine Road - End of 3N19 spur of 3N32 (34.30180, -116.87240).

Thx for the GPS coordinates if I don't make your 9:30 meet in Fawnskin.

Welcome to Big Bear-a-thon. Much have been discussed up until now. This is now set for the weekend. I plan to meet arrivals at the pavement on three days at the following times and locations:

NOTE: This is a camp and ride event so all trailers should be left at camp as they will likely sustain damage and increase risks for all participants.

Thursday 6/22:
Travel to mountain to meet at around 11 am on corner of Polique Canyon Road (34.26539, -116.92269) and N. Shore Dr. (CA-38). Secure one of three options for camp.

Friday 6/23:
9:00 am - Rendezvous at Polique Canyon Rd (34.26539, -116.92269) and N. Shore Dr. (CA-38).
9:30 am - We stop at camp and head out to the trails.

Saturday 6/24:
9:00 am - Rendezvous at Fawnskin Fire Station. Trailer will need to find way to camp and return to meet up point without trailer.
9:30 am - Start trail run from Fawnskin to Grass Valley then to Holcomb Valley.

Sunday 6/25:
Open. Ride to pavement and travel home. Option to lend a hand with AAT project at Crab Flats. See Kim’s post Big Bear-a-thon for June 2023 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/big-bear-a-thon-for-june-2023.1312837/post-15004404.

I will try and post the camp location once it's identified. If none is posted by the time you get up in the dirt, check the sites along Holcomb Pinnacles Camp Road, 3N07 (34.30509, -116.88621) and (34.30788, -116.89453). If we're not there then check out the site off Hepburn Mine Road - End of 3N19 spur of 3N32 (34.30180, -116.87240).

I'm looking forward to seeing you all for some "dirty and rocky" fun!

Dat

Dat, I plan on arriving Friday morning. I will either meet you at 9:00 or will find camp…
When are you leaving? Dog duty with everyone gone. She'd be in her crate for 5 hours. That'd be pushing it for her.

Sorry, I’m out for this one. In addition to a packed schedule, my power brake booster just went out. Parts should arrive in 3-7 days, then a few days in the shop. Hopefully, roadworthy by the end of the month.

Best wishes to you all. Have a great time!

Sorry, I’m out for this one. In addition to a packed schedule, my power brake booster just went out. Parts should arrive in 3-7 days, then a few days in the shop. Hopefully, roadworthy by the end of the month.

Best wishes to you all. Have a great time!
Thanks. We’ll miss you Joe. Good luck with the repair.
FYI-@Brentba posted for sale a factory triple locked white 80 in case you are looking for a spare!

HI Dat, yikes....yielding to pressure from ana to leave OC Friday after her meeting (leave around 2p). Meeting too important to leave to broadband chance.

I'll be checking here Fri Am for the latest base camp coordinates.

HI Dat, yikes....yielding to pressure from ana to leave OC Friday after her meeting (leave around 2p). Meeting too important to leave to broadband chance.

I'll be checking here Fri Am for the latest base camp coordinates.
No worries. See you Friday. Fun to be had by all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom