Best Upgrades for Under $100 (200-Series) (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sqod: how is this better than just using the pin itself?
The pin will most likely bend, and then you will need to figure out how to remove it. ;)

The pin will most likely bend, and then you will need to figure out how to remove it. ;)
Plus if the pull isn't in-line the sharp edge of the hitch receiver can damage a soft shackle.

sqod: how is this better than just using the pin itself?

More reasons than just what has been mentioned, namely “just the pin” will have a bending moment on the pin as opposed to a shear moment with the recovery point. Much stronger.

For those using the Tunai firefly bluetooth audio adaptor for iPhone connectivity (in an '08 in this instance), did you delete your bluetooth connection (car to phone) and rely on the Tunai for all connectivity (phone calls, maps, audio, etc) or keep both connections?

For those using the Tunai firefly bluetooth audio adaptor for iPhone connectivity (in an '08 in this instance), did you delete your bluetooth connection (car to phone) and rely on the Tunai for all connectivity (phone calls, maps, audio, etc) or keep both connections?
I don't have an iPhone but I still use the stock connection for phone calls. The Tunai is for music and maps. This is on an 09

Gempro LED License Plate Light modules:
Amazon product ASIN B07GV9PD6LView attachment 3285152
img_5313-jpg.3275264

View attachment 3285153

STEDI Australian version (maybe higher quality): LED License plate light to Suit Toyota Landcruiser Models (B) - https://www.stedi.com.au/led-license-plate-light-to-suit-landcruiser-100-120-200-series.html

These full housing replacement modules are plug and play and are much brighter and crisper than simply replacing the bulbs with LED bulbs. My LED bulbs started flickering after a couple years, so I switched to these and they are noticeably better. Look OEM too.
stedi link doesnt work

would you still recommend the $16 amazon?

I don't have an iPhone but I still use the stock connection for phone calls. The Tunai is for music and maps. This is on an 09
I get a random conflict: phone answer on car bt connection; other times on Tunai connection. No rhyme or reason.

Recently replaced my old rusty 12V power outlet in my LX570 center console with a new 65W/83W 12V USB-C PD & QC3.0 Power Outlet. The new outlet is slightly larger than the original one, so some plastic trimming was necessary, The socket sits flush and the lid can be closed. The installation process was straightforward and simple.
  1. Remove the cup holder insert.
  2. Pull out the gear selector trim.
  3. Detach the white clip located beneath the cup holder.
  4. Unfasten the clips and connectors attached to the center console.
  5. Unscrew and remove the 12V/AUX tray.
  6. Take out the old socket and trim the plastic to ensure the new socket fits properly.
  7. Smooth out the new power outlet's screw nut to make it flush.
  8. Connect the cables to the new socket (note: the green wire is hot).
  9. Reassemble everything.
1000002375.jpg

Recently replaced my old rusty 12V power outlet in my LX570 center console with a new 65W/83W 12V USB-C PD & QC3.0 Power Outlet. The new outlet is slightly larger than the original one, so some plastic trimming was necessary, The socket sits flush and the lid can be closed. The installation process was straightforward and simple.
  6. Take out the old socket and trim the plastic to ensure the new socket fits properly.
View attachment 3472633
Nice.

Same here with an Android - still connected to the 200 for phone, and to the Tunai for audio.

The Tunai won't handle phone calls.

View attachment 3472633
Ha, I just bought that for my external battery. That one is 65W/18W. If you want one for the 12V outlet that has a little more power, this one has 65W/60W charging. I used this when running my ipad and Gaia GPS.

charger.png

Last edited:
Enamel spray paint front tow hooks (I chose red).

The paint was maybe $20 and I already had painters tape.

NOTE: Previous owner powder coated the fairlead to match the bronze HE wheels.

IMG_5986.jpeg

One of my favorite accessories is this mesh organizer. Keeps trash bags and wet wipes in easy reach at this spot. Funny how wipes are still in my life long after the kids have been out of diapers but it's such an awesome thing when camping.

Amazon product ASIN B09JMRGDKY
1699894083017.png

Just received this rear hatch light I purchased through Alibaba, not sure how I feel about the small lithium battery pack that is in there, was not expecting that.

IMG_0432.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom