BD S8 Wiring Harness Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a Baja Designs S8 30" light bar for a C4 lo pro front bumper. We installed the bumper, winch, and light bar this past weekend. My switch for the light bar didn't make it in time , so we wired everything up and pulled the end into the cab for the switch installation later. The harness I bought has two stitches, one for on and off, the other for mode. I'm not really worried about which mode the light is on. Is there a way to either bypass the mode switch or just hardwire it in so it's always powered to full power? I realize I should have researched more and bought a different harness but I'm stuck with the one I have now. Any help would be great. Thank you!

Last edited:
I recently bought a Baja Designs S8 30" light bar for a C4 lo pro front bumper. We installed the bumper, winch, and light bar this past weekend. My switch for the light bar didn't make it in time l, so we wired everything up and pulled end into the cab for the switch installation later. The harness I bought has two stitches, one for on and off, the other for mode. I'm not really worried about which mode the light is on. Is there a way to either bypass the mode switch or just hardwire it in so it's always powered to full power? I realize I should have researched more and bought a different harness but I'm stuck with the one I have now. Any help would be great. Thank you!
Hey @TroutSpey100, So the light bar will come with an on/off and a mode function. The mode function is the amber backlighting that can be run in line with any key on 12v power. The on/off will be the toggle style switch. If you are wiring this to a power management system you can actually remove the relay and switch on this harness and run direct power into the unit. The light bar will remain at full brightness when 12v is supplied to the light bar. Feel free to email me directly if you have any further questions at brandonk@bajadesigns.com.
Best,
Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom