Backspacing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'The same' in what way? 6 minus 3.5" leaves 2.5". To get 2.5" on a 16x8 you'd need 5.5" BS. Don't know if those exist.
If by 'the same' you mean percentage wise, I believe 4.75" to 5" BS on the 8" would be close.

16x6 with 0 offset = 3.5" backspacing
16x7 with 0 offset = 4" backspacing
16x8 with 0 offset = 4.5" backspacing

16x7 with 12 to 15 ish offset = 4.5" backspacing (approx)
16 x7 with -12 to -15 ish offset = 3.5" backspacing (approx)

16x8 with -25 offset = 3.5" backspacing

Not cheap, but Braid will make aluminum wheels to your specification, with whatever offset/backspacing you choose (within reason), and they're nice wheels. Really nice.

BTW, somebody please yell at me if I've done the maths wrong. :p

16x6 with 0 offset = 3.5" backspacing
16x7 with 0 offset = 4" backspacing
16x8 with 0 offset = 4.5" backspacing

16x7 with 12 to 15 ish offset = 4.5" backspacing (approx)
16 x7 with -12 to -15 ish offset = 3.5" backspacing (approx)

16x8 with -25 offset = 3.5" backspacing

Not cheap, but Braid will make aluminum wheels to your specification, with whatever offset/backspacing you choose (within reason), and they're nice wheels. Really nice.

BTW, somebody please yell at me if I've done the maths wrong. :p
Love this thanks

If the factory wheel is 16x6 with 3.5” backspacing would a 16x8 with 4.0” or 4.5” backspacing be the same?
Thanks
Forgive me if this is not the help you need, but perhaps it would be reasonable to describe what you are trying to do. Are you trying to move the wheels outwards to fill the wheelwell, clear brakes, run a larger tire, etc? As another person mentioned, offset probably matters at least as much as backspacing, so that should be considered as well.

There aren’t many/if any options for a 16x8 wheel with a 3.5” backspacing like factory. So trying to figure out if there are other options/numbers to look for that would equal the factory 16x6 backspacing. Don’t want to run spacers. A little bit spacing outward would be ok, just remember that I don’t have flares.

the only oe wheels to have that much bs came from SA vehicles.
all ifs wheels have more bs 4+
3.5 bs is also very hard to get AM unless you buy custom or reverse shell.

Anyone run these in the 16” with 3.5” backspacing on their 70 series?

IMG_8155.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom