1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTN Spaceghost

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cruiserbrett, Jan 14, 2003.

1. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

Mike,
    Who made your inner axleshafts? I need to get a new one(or maybe both sides) for the electric locker I am installing and wondered who made yours?

Were they stronger than the stock ones?

What was the cost per axle?

Thanks,
    -Brett

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    SG will be on later today, but IIRC it was Dutchman...and he was not impressed.

Marlin is treating stock shafts for greater strength, and I would see what his cost is....also, CV Unlimited has alloy Cruiser shafts....and I believe they have the longer-spline unit you need for the electric locker too....

3. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

Woody,
    Thanks! I got ahold of Moser to see what they can do as well.

-Brett

4. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

Hey Brett,
    It was Dutchmans that I had made. I broke both of them, long and short. They seemed to snap even easier than the stockers. Maybe they end up being more brittle?

I am close to Moser and when I called they didn't seem to want my $$$. Way too much of a hassle, and I don't beg peeps to take my $$$ Guess they have all the heap business they need!

Check with CV unlimited as Woody suggested, they have inners that are treated. I was leaning towards them till George was dissapointed that I didn't run his prototype birfs in competition. I had to stick with the "know good" Longs.

Let us know what you come up with!

5. rustycruiser

rustycruiser

I thought Bobby (Mr Longfield) was playing with inner axles as well? I remember reading on the PBB mini truck forum that for $40 a side he would treat your inners to give 10-20% stronger than stock axles.