Are XM NavWeather, Traffic Incidents, & Fuel Prices separate from regular XM subscription? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I activated the XM radio when I bought my 200 earlier this month. The radio works fine, but I was wondering about the other XM stuff. I only had the radio on my previous vehicle.

The Stocks and Sports work fine, but Traffic Incidents, Fuel Prices, and NavWeather and say "An active XM subscription is needed for this service" when I press on the icons. Are these an additional add-on to the standard XM subscription?

yes, it's next package up.

Thanks. Is it worth it? Does anyone here use it? I use my iPhone for nav/traffic/weather and GasBuddy for fuel prices. I can't imagine this is as good or better. Anyone have experience with it?

I pay for traffic. Google maps traffic is much better. However, most of the time I don't look up directions on google or leave maps open, so having the traffic info right in front of me on the nav screen I'm already using is worth the $4/month to me. I'll stop paying for it when I can use google maps in the factory nav unit. Plus when towing I have my phone connected to a WiFi OBD2 dongle so I can monitor transmission temp, and when it's connected to the dongle I lose internet data service which means google maps won't work (phone calls and bluetooth still work though)

I don't pay for weather/sports/stocks/etc.

I find the costs for traffic to be too expensive and the weather next to useless. Yahoo weather on the phone is far better and while traffic may be useful, weather isn't that critical. Waze gives you more accurate traffic too.

I don't have XM subscription anymore. I decided not to subscribe as sound quality is terrible due to compression used. I still get the traffic information on the map.

If you've got a good data plan, there's no reason to use XM IMHO. Phones have gotten so good you're usually better off using them over the nav systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom