Anyone want to help wrench on 11/17/07-11/18/07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I am looking forward to putting them on, a friend of mine used them on his jeep and says their good shocks. I opted for the Nitrogen gas shocks. Glad to hear you have your health again. What did the other Columbus guy need done? Was it brakes?

Yeah, I am looking forward to putting them on, a friend of mine used them on his jeep and says their good shocks. I opted for the Nitrogen gas shocks. Glad to hear you have your health again. What did the other Columbus guy need done? Was it brakes?
Gas tank and i think he needs some gear oil leaks taking care of, like transfer case and such....not really sure yet but he said he would post up in Ohio after the holidays or sometime soon.

I have the rancho shocks on my cruiser......no complaints yet.

But when my new springs go in I just might just use ome shocks instead

sorry for the hijack - that's a big socket. as far as degreasing goes, if i just buy a bunch of cheap aerosol degreaser cans and spray the poop out of it (spray, skrape, spray, skrape, spray, wire brush, clean, clean, spray, clean), is that the best way to get the old oil off? and, am i exposing parts of my rust bucket that have been protected up until now? I'd like to leave oil on whatever i am not going to touch or monitor if not doing so would make those areas vulnerable.

Last edited:
sorry for the hijack - that's a big socket. as far as degreasing goes, if i just buy a bunch of cheap aerosol degreaser cans and spray the poop out of it (spray, skrape, spray, skrape, spray, wire brush, clean, clean, spray, clean), is that the best way to get the old oil off? and, am i exposing parts of my rust bucket that have been protected up until now? I'd like to leave oil on whatever i am not going to touch or monitor if not doing so would make those areas vulnerable.
In ohio honestly I would not bother cleaning much only what you needed to. Yea certain degreasers are fine....oven cleaner is great and a with a propane torch if it is really bad.
:Djust watch the important stuff.

propane torch is a old school trick

:)Hijack away. I am going to try and wrap up the rear suspension on my truck this weekend. I finally got extended shocks. Just need a day to do the rear axle and put on the new shocks. Octunge, if you want to wrench sometime, my garage is always open and dirty. Cruiser88, if u don't have anything better to do on Saturday let me know.

oh my baby will be born soon.....:grinpimp:last little bit of freedom i get with the wife before she is born.......but if you get in a bind give me a shout;).

eeek and doctors app.

I will be doing mine in feb also:bounce::bounce2:

Well, I ordered the correct center pins for the leaf springs today. Once I get them from SOR I may be able to complete my suspension, the right way. Can't wait, I also cut loose the spare tire from the bottom of the beast. Looks like I should do some rust maintanance on the inner frame channels back there. There is some nice warpage of the inner channel, I figure i will just grind the rust back to hell where it came from and paint. I don't have the tools or money to cut it out and put in a new channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom