Anyone in Portland, ME area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all -

The health of my in-laws has taken a sudden decline today, and my wife and I may need to relocate shortly to the Portland area.

I'm wondering if anyone in the area has any resources / recommendations for reliable apartment / house rental companies?

Any YT members in that region?

Thanks, all, and happy 4th,

Steve

I am in Portland part time, but live 100 miles north of there. ( I have 5 units of rental property in Portland on Munjoy hill too but nothing available at the moment.)

Happy to answer any questions you might have. Drop me a pvt message here if you want.

I live just south of Portland in Biddeford if there is anything I can do. I just picked up a two unit in Saco, but the units won't be fully ready for a few months. If you need anything let me know. Sorry to hear about your folks. Also, I work at Maine Med. so if there is anything I can help with there as well let me know.

Rents in Portland have gotten insane in the past few years if you want to live on the peninsula. Off-peninsula rates are still reasonable.

We bought our 3 unit multi-family building in 2009. A 3 br, 1 bath apartment at that time went for around $875 to $1000. We get $1800 for it now and it's nothing special. Our renovated units with a view from the top of the hill go for $2700/$2800. I can't afford to live in my own house.

@MyToy72 thanks for reaching out. My father in law was in the Maine Med ER on Thursday with some GI bug, then my mother in law on Friday with the same bug and two incidents of heart stopping that landed her iin the cardiac ICU. Then my wife, who was up there helping out, caught this nasty GI thing, and wound up in the ER on Sunday PM. I think they're going to rename a wing of the hospital after that side of my family!

Thanks for the info on your units in Saco. I'll shoot you a note as I learn more over the next few weeks. Much appreciated.

@Jimbo319, congrats on the new cruiser! Best bet for you is to post up a new thread introducing yourself to YT, and get familiar with the forum specific to your vehicle.

What type of cruiser do you have? I love Portsmouth, BTW. Great spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom