Anyone else having "fun" putting up lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Been working on putting up Christmas lights at my house and a good portion involves walking on a fairly steep roof. Needless to say, I'm not too cool with that idea. No way I can get to that part with a ladder either. Any of you guys having to fight this war too?

Negative Ghost rider, the pattern is full.

Negative Ghost rider, the pattern is full.

Dude your house shouldn't be a problem at all. There's nothing symmetrical (or easy to reach with a ladder) about my house.

This year sucks because I'm trying to figure it out as I go.

I am trying to stay off the roof this year and do the bushes etc. It took 6 hours for the two of us to decorate our tree! I installed two new dashes in our fj62s faster than that. Still fun though..and the kids enjoy it. Making memories is what its all about. Mike

Be careful out there. A co worker of mine fell off of his roof last year while putting up lights. He was in the hospital for a few days with a concussion and he broke some bones in his face.

Yeah I put up lights on our porch last week... currently living in a town house. It was like the arctic tundra out there!! But nothing a few hot buttered rums couldn't fix!

Be careful out there. A co worker of mine fell off of his roof last year while putting up lights. He was in the hospital for a few days with a concussion and he broke some bones in his face.

Yeah that s*** makes me nervous as hell. I just hope I have a clear opportunity to go back up and take them down shortly after newyears! Fortunately as far as putting them up, the roof portion is all done.

Dan,
I have some fall protection and some climbing gear I'll let you use when you take them down. :)

Dan,
I have some fall protection and some climbing gear I'll let you use when you take them down. :)

That's actually a really good idea as long as I can find something stable to secure a lanyard to.

I'll attach it to the bumper of Ashley's car and then send her on a errand after you get up there :) We'll see how blonde she is.

I'll attach it to the bumper of Ashley's car and then send her on a errand after you get up there :) We'll see how blonde she is.

Won't get very far if she keeps killing the battery :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom