Anybody know this 80? Flooded, junkyard, resurrected, now daily lol.previous owners? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my first 80 through some trading. She has been rode hard, put up wet, flooded, bashed and generally abused severely. But she still drives great, and has so far been pretty reliable after the head gasket died (literally on the way home from buying it lol). So I was curious if the previous owner was on mud or if anyone knew them. The truck seemed to have some popular mods and I figured they went somewhere to get the info (hopefully here). Here are some pics, and info on the truck. It's a 1996 fzj80, white, appears to have been flooded at some point (silt in every part of the dash and a high water line where the guage cluster was full of water) and was scrapped at a salvage yard at some point with a bad engine (assuming from the flood). The truck was sent to the scrap yard with some 305/75/16 bfg good wrench at's on the factory wheels. It has an ome lift (2.5 inch I think), and i believe 4.56 gears with a spool in the rear. It also has a really white trash brush guard and a rugged ridge 10.5k winch. Any info on the truck? I would love to know its history.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Don't know about its history, but looks like a good start for a trail rig with the lift, gearing, and spool. Even comes pre-dented so you don't have to worry abut the body!

Don't know about its history, but looks like a good start for a trail rig with the lift, gearing, and spool. Even comes pre-dented so you don't have to worry abut the body!
Good Point!

Lol I agree. I am currently daily driving the truck and it has been great! I got it for the exact reasons you mentioned. A capable trail rig that is comfortable enough to take on road trips, but not so nice that I would cry terribly if I bumped it onto rocks or tree's. These are the current pics of the truck

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If the scrapyard doesn't report or file for a a parts only title, nothing changes. It's just like any other business that buys a vehicle. They scrapyard bought the truck and then immediately sold it to the guy that I got the truck from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom