Another wrench day 3/1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully the weather will be as awesome as last weekend. Our theme is Baja Fish Taco Party. I have no idea how Jen is going to top the Hawaiian tacos but I know she will
:bounce:

I am there of course ! I have a few more small things to do on the truck. There is always some thing to do!

Did yall not finish? See what happens when the girls come to play, no work gets done...;p SOrry we didn;t make it out, this weekend looks mo better. In the mean time whose up for some more creek action??:steer:

Did yall not finish? See what happens when the girls come to play, no work gets done...;p SOrry we didn;t make it out, this weekend looks mo better. In the mean time whose up for some more creek action??:steer:

Oh no you didn't :flipoff2:

For your information we finished all the work we set out to do that day before dark. The Toyota dealer messed up my order and did not have all the parts I ordered to do the birfs.

If by creek action you mean wheeling around the mall parking lot then I am in.

Yah but its no fun w/out girls so yall please come. Since ive got enough time to get the parts together im really thinking about doing this. How much in parts/grease/etc did you guys spend to get this jobber done?
Is there really enough time to get all the pieces together?

BTW check this out, found out a wayy better way of greasing the birfs, ever seen this?.. https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/206826-amsoil-cartriges-dont-fit-into-grease-gun.html

Yep it was a laied back time, which was really nice. Are you talking like this weekend, though you said it wasn't looking good for you? If some of the stuff is back ordered you might want to get it ordered tomorrow. Parts will run you $100ish and grease etc. is like $30ish. CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO DO IT. I can get you a parts list ready.

Kelly is ready to jump right in and do the hard work. :clap:

That way to grease is cool but the main reason I break the birfs apart is to get it clean way faster. Not to mention to do it that way the axle IS pulled out of the birf.

The first is this weekend, good for me. It was last that wasnt. The truck has been regularly serviced by your "favorite" local dealer so do you still think trunioun bearins are needed?

Dig through those receipts you got. The cost of $800-1k is a good giveaway that the birfs where repacked. If they have never been done, the top bearings can lose grease and wear faster. I originally was not going to replace my bearings the first time but when I got in there, one top bearing had a broken roller. On my princess, that was a surprise. I'd say it's safe to pass on but you just never know. Piece of mind is priceless.

Ive got a receipt for "four wheel drive differential service...both diffs and transfer case" for a total of $90 at 150k miles.
You know i thought it had a front axle job done recently but i cant find any receipt for it and there would be if it was done, SO IM IN! call me if your still up

Ive got a receipt for "four wheel drive differential service...both diffs and transfer case" for a total of $90 at 150k miles.
You know i thought it had a front axle job done recently but i cant find any receipt for it and there would be if it was done, SO IM IN! call me if your still up

Call Universal as soon as possible. Some of the parts are on back order. It takes a minimum of one day if you order before 2:30 and then they do not guarantee that they will arrive.

Ask me how I know :bang:

Kelly

Call Universal as soon as possible. Some of the parts are on back order. It takes a minimum of one day if you order before 2:30 and then they do not guarantee that they will arrive.

Ask me how I know :bang:

Kelly
How do you know .......................................:D

I can't wait I love wrenching....I might bring my roomie along....she misses wrenching too.

i need the parts list, do you have it?

Tony at Universal just told me part 43237-60040 - RING, STEERING KNUCKLE OIL SEAL, INNER
is backordered. no good! Kelly is this the part your waiting on?

Tony at Universal just told me part 43237-60040 - RING, STEERING KNUCKLE OIL SEAL, INNER

I was waiting on that one and three others. All arrived today. I just got word from Javier.

:bounce:

And he is making good on the other snafu. Great customer service!

Kelly

Not a show stoper. That's the metal ring, they can be reused without a problem. New ones only cost a few $$ so they are on the list.

So damn, two birfields eh. I'll try and roll those pianos into the house to give us some more room.

Not a show stoper. That's the metal ring, they can be reused without a problem. New ones only cost a few $$ so they are on the list.

So damn, two birfields eh. I'll try and roll those pianos into the house to give us some more room.

Save your back. I will be there for the early shift. Josh needs his beauty sleep. Allegedly. :D

I do need sleep to recharge my sexy level ;). But maybe this day ill roll out early since its important and all. Im glad its not a neccassary part, im really looking forward to this :)

What else do i need to buy; grease, oil and so on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom