Am I Nuts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Outside the obvoius quip answering the thread title, I'm seriously considering selling the beast. After 26 years of wonderful ownership, I'm just not getting out much at all and she just sits in the driveway.

Life is so short, too short to cling onto loyalty to a material thing. I say do what makes you happy, even if it means changing gears a bunch. If one day I enjoyed fly fishing more than any other hobbies, I hope I'd be unsentimental enough to do what it took to start fly fishing more.

Sounds like a cool rig, I'm sure someone could find a good home for it if you decided to sell.

I think I need to start adding up all that I have on the truck and start to figure out how much it may be worth. Base truck is a factory triple locked '94 with 257,000 on the clock.

Last edited:
Getting out of the off-roading scene in general or moving to a different platform? If the latter, what are you thinking?

Getting out of the off-roading scene in general or moving to a different platform? If the latter, what are you thinking?
Probably all together. Not interested in another car payment!

Well, I've come to my senses. Test drove a Tacoma. It's nice but no Landcruiser! I'm going to keep her. First order was to remove the shift knob and steering wheel to have them both recovered with new leather. Truck isn't moving for a couple of weeks!

Good call. I sold my 3x locked '94 to a buddy, immediately regretted it and ended up buying it back a year later. We've had lots of different vehicles in the 8 years I've had the '80 but at this point my kids will inherit it. They love it more than I do.

Who's doing your steering wheel/shifter?

Good call. I sold my 3x locked '94 to a buddy, immediately regretted it and ended up buying it back a year later. We've had lots of different vehicles in the 8 years I've had the '80 but at this point my kids will inherit it. They love it more than I do.

Who's doing your steering wheel/shifter?
Craft Customs in TX. Lots of good feedback on their work from others here on Mud. $300 for the steering wheel and $125 for the shift knob plus shipping back .

You're trying to make me feel better than I already do with my decision! I almost feel relieved! My wife has known for years that I'm to be buried in mine! Truck will be to expensive to drive and maintain for my son and soon to be wife! They're the only ones in the family interested in it. So funny when I bought the truck back in '94 new and asked what the 'magic button - 3X lockers' was, had it explained and thought that I'd never use that except maybe if I got stuck somewhere skiing! I really didn't understand at that time what I was getting! LOL!

Articles like this one mean 80's are only going to appreciate in value, and the '94 with lockers is arguably one of the most desirable thanks to OBD1 and no airbags. Consider it a long term investment.

Also an Original Owner: '96 3x Locked.......good choice Brent!

Let me know how your steering wheel comes out. Text me some pics - I'd like to do mine one of these days.

ready to let go of it now?

ready to let go of it now?
Never! It's now my apocalypse truck! Wheel and shifter turned out great too!
20200314_170905.jpg
20200314_170926.jpg

i need that shifter kit...
Tcase knob as well?

Took the shifter off and sent in with the steering wheel. Tcase knob is fine. Great video in 80's section on shifter removal.

Smart decision! Been toying with the idea of selling my 96 but haven’t made up my mind on it. All of the new stuff is chock full of electronic doodads that are bound to fail on the trail.
Love the way your wheel and knob turned out. I had them do my wheel a while back and wish I had done it sooner. Hope to see you on the trail someday!

Nice pic Brent.....now I need to do my steering wheel.....!

(UCLAcruiser: I also have a 96 (original owner! ) and am a UCLA Alum,.......

Russ, I didn't have to fawk with an airbag taking my steering wheel off. :flipoff2:

Hey guys, haven't been on here in so long. How's everyone doing?
Brent, glad you kept your cruiser. I sure miss mine, I totally regret selling it right now.
I didn't have time to pull all the suspensions off and didn't have room at home so I sold it in a hurry.
I just picked up a 97 lexus triple locked on Sunday. Wishing I kept all the suspensions, axles, and Tcase.

I'm glad you came to your senses Brent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom