Alternative Meeting Locations for an upcoming monthly meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess I volunteered myself to head this up at the last meeting. The June meeting will be at Rio Vista Community Park located at 8866-A W. Thunderbird Rd. The park entrance is about a third of a mile west of the Loop 101 on Thunderbird. Information about the park can be found here Rio Vista Recreation Center-Rio Vista Community Park. I am going to try to get a ramada with a BBQ grill for the event and have an earlier meet and greet potluck.

What time do they close the park? I know this park has a gym and sports fields. Will that effect parking?

I believe the park closes at 10 pm in the summer. I will double check when I call to reserve the ramada. Parking should not be an issue. I am going to ask if there is a way to reserve some parking with the ramada. It is a long shot i know but it never hurts to ask.

Never been to the park in the evening but the couple of grand kid's birthdays We been to there was no parking anywhere close to the ramadas. If busy busy parking of any kind is a pain. Only live a few miles away worth checking out ahead of time. QT's business office works because the office is closed when the meeting is going on. There is a new RV store at 83th ave, Peoria and Grand. Huge parking lot and a Sonic close by. Close enough to walk to.

This Denny's has a whole room that they have used in the past for other club meetings... I used to be part of the Classic Bronco Club's...

I'd call and confirm they have the room available on dates... they are very accommodating.

Denny's
650 N Scottsdale Rd, Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 858-9276

Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself here also. 3 1/2 in AZ. Looking for an LC. Figured joining a group would be a big help reaching my "rig goal". Thanks!

san-tan-flat

Cool place we found on the way back from Mesa Gateway airport, huge parking area, set up for groups, and the fud was excellent.

SanTanFlat.jpg

Is this meeting on Friday or Saturday? Temps next weekend are forecasted to be 115 to 120. The beer is gonna get warm really fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom