Alternate B pillar grab handles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my FJ62, the A-pillar grab handles, the B pillar handles and the over-the-door handles all have the same bolt spacing. So I ordered A-pillar handles for my B-pillars. If you want new B-pillar grab handles with screw caps (I know), order the A-pillar grab handles and they fit great, work great. The over door handles are not as easy to use on the pillars, but maybe better than none. I think the 80 series handles may fit too, just looking at them.

Just fyi, the new non-USA B-pillar grab handles I ordered for the back seats of my FJ62 were a medium gray instead of ivory like my other grab handles, so I went with used.

What are the b-pillar handles shaped like?
Similar to the over door handle, or the offset a-pillar handle?
Some pics below.

I returned the B pillar handles to the dealer, so I don't have them for pics or to sell, but they looked sort of like the A pillar handles only the angles were not as sharp, if that helps. They are not at all like the above the door handles.

I should say that in my humble unbiased opinion (IMHUO)? these are great, you should get some, A or B for the rear seats, they are really helpful especially if you did something stupid to the suspension.:redface:

The distance between screw holes for the 80 series A pillar grab bars is the same as A and B in the 62 series, 16 cm or about 6.25 ", in case you want another option. And the screws are a pan head almost filister philips 6mm dia x1.0 thread pitch x20mm long. Here are a few pics.

First, I popped a small philips screw driver through the headliner to make a nice hole. 020.JPG Then I attached it. 022.JPG And here is what it looks like if you have a handle with caps for the screws.:rimshot: 028.JPG It takes between 10 min and 2 hrs, depending on what you are drinking.

020.JPG
022.JPG
028.JPG
020.JPG
022.JPG
028.JPG

Are the holes for these grab handles there on a 60?

Search for another grab handle thread. There someone says the 60s sometimes have the holes and the threads, sometimes just the holes, and sometimes no b pillar holes. Sorry, but idk.

I seem to remember a thread referencing grab handles used in Toyota forklifts still available new that are an almost perfect replacement for the B pillar handles in the 60/62 series. Anyone else remember this? I had it saved when it was posted years ago but had lost all my bookmarks since then and can't find it on Mud now. Now that my oldest is getting tall enough to reach for a handle, I want to install a set to make it easier for my kids to climb in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom