Alexander mackenzie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running it this year on here? We have a small group heading out August 26th to sept 4th. Maybe see some of you on it?

Take lots of chain saws and machetties, it's overgrown and slow going. You may
have to winch yourselves through the mud pits. Gassers take plenty of fuel. :deadhorse:

I know, I'm just wondering if there's anyone running it this year from the cruiser group.

From where to where ?

From Titetown to Messue Crossing its easy, but from there west to Gatcho Lake is rough going - what are your vehicle and equipment plans?

From Titetown to Messue Crossing its easy, but from there west to Gatcho Lake is rough going - what are your vehicle and equipment plans?

2011 Tacoma= 32bfg MUDs, warn m8000 winch, rear locker. Full recovery gear

2008 Tacoma=full armour,33"bfg all terrian, smittybilt 8000 winch, full recovery gear

2013 jeepjk=35" MUDs, smittybilt 10,000 winch, armour, full recovery gear

91 Toyota pickup= 33"MUDs , welded front, armour, warn upright 8000 winch, full recovery gear

2001 grand Cherokee= 31's coopers, lockers, no winch

We'll have multiple saws along with us, and spare fuel to drown a small villiage

May I suggest a front mounted saw scabbards for your lead rigs - we were stopping/cutting every 50'.
Lots of idling while cutting trail.
Interesting mud pit just before Robby Phillips place -
Take the bypass to Kuyakus Lake and visit Kusyuko falls.
Tsacha Lake is stunning - former site of the Mackenzie Trail Lodge.
Visit the Home Ranch - interesting history
Lampard's place (east end of Tsibekuz Lake) - has parts, junk, wrecked rigs, welding equipment, etc. - if needed.
Section between Eliguk and Gatcho is non-motorized, need to take the Krestinuk horse trail - there is only one place to camp - at the big rock in the only trail opening along the way.
At Basalt lake - check out the basalt columns - very cool.
Bring 5 gallons of bug repellent and every other known anti-bug device you can get your hands on.

May I suggest a front mounted saw scabbards for your lead rigs - we were stopping/cutting every 50'.
Lots of idling while cutting trail.
Interesting mud pit just before Robby Phillips place -
Take the bypass to Kuyakus Lake and visit Kusyuko falls.
Tsacha Lake is stunning - former site of the Mackenzie Trail Lodge.
Visit the Home Ranch - interesting history
Lampard's place (east end of Tsibekuz Lake) - has parts, junk, wrecked rigs, welding equipment, etc. - if needed.
Section between Eliguk and Gatcho is non-motorized, need to take the Krestinuk horse trail - there is only one place to camp - at the big rock in the only trail opening along the way.
At Basalt lake - check out the basalt columns - very cool.
Bring 5 gallons of bug repellent and every other known anti-bug device you can get your hands on.

Thanks for the info, any tips like that will help us out. Appreciate that :)

There was a landrover group that went through all the way last summer, fairly decent write up with lots of pics. So hopfully there's a group that does the full pull before us haha.

There was a landrover group that went through all the way last summer, fairly decent write up with lots of pics. So hopfully there's a group that does the full pull before us haha.
Got a link to that trip? I'm very interested in the area but not likely to make this trip anytime soon...so take lots o pics and post em all up.

So wjustin - how did things go on the Mackenzie run?

We just got home today, did the trail in 6 days. Lucked out on the deadfall part of it. Total of 20 trees we cut. Mud pits are deep, seen a lot of action this year. No body damage, flats, just a burnt winch solenoid, that Walt was going to fix up for me. But we got talking and ran out of time. Great trip! Thanks for all the info.

Yep that one is a good adventure --must have had a lot of traffic this year, with only 20 trees to cut.
Pictures?

Yeah there was a group a week before us, and two groups a couple weeks before them. I'll get some pics up in a couple days.

Lots of traffic this year, I know of at least 4 groups that have gone through. I'm sure it's getting really soft in a few spots.

The worst spot I recall was just past the sign "Horse Trail" where you turn left, go up
a hill, then hit the mud pits. :beer: Congratulations on a successful trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom