AFE to release Momentum GT intake on 11/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
V8 induction noises are hard to argue with.

Part of the description:

"High Quality Tube:
This system uses a high quality plastic CAD designed, dyno-tuned, roto-molded intake tube to achieve maximum power gains while maintaining a perfect fit. This tube has a built-in resonance chamber to catch un-wanted air intake noises."

I appreciate the high quality tube.

But the "+21 HP / +25 lbs. x ft. Torque max gains" are even better.

I like the "up to..." in their horsepower/torque claims. Legally, this means you could gain zero, and it is still all good.

I've bought enough go fast accessories like this in my youth to be dubious. Just saying.

A yeti sticker adds more hp hand down and keeps the libations rolling

So ... let's see if I've got this straight.

With this aftermarket intake, I'd be swapping out my factory cold air intake with no measurable restriction even at WOT(new paper filter and filterminder restriction gauge) and an easily replaceable filter element; for a cold air intake that (as a bonus feature) let's me suck hot air from the engine compartment, has a filter element that requires disassembly of the system to clean/replace and offers no less restriction (can't get less than "no measurable, right?) and it would only cost me US$500 + ... do I have that right?

Let me think about that for a second ... NO, I think I'll pass.

:confused:

Why would you need more power in this truck? I can understand if we are talking about a sports car. I just got back today from the beach with the family and had to use the cruse control because the truck is to quiet and wants to keep going faster. With cruise set at 82 mph I average 18.2 mpg. Without cruse I catch my self above 90+ regularly.

The intake is a fun performance part due to it being easy to install and like @ray101381 said, you get a little extra engine noise. I'm interested in it once v2 comes out :)

This is definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea and I can tell you if you're looking for "moar powa" this isn't it. For me I like intake noises and it really is just an expensive noise maker. That being said I've contacted afe directly and if we can get 6 units or more we can get wholesale pricing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom