Adjustable Bearing plate for press (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
See pic. Where can I find one? I've looked the obvious places I can think of.

11.jpg

That's called a "bearing splitter". Get a good one, a cheap one will ruin expensive parts. I have an OTC, can't remember the model, but I bought it from Discount Automotive Products - Order Discount Tools Online - Automotive Hand Tools - Air Tools

Edit: Curiosity got the best of me, so I went out and looked, this is the one I have: http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/OTC-1123.html I've used it a LOT, and it still looks new. OTC makes good stuff (I'm pretty sure that's who makes all the special Toyota SSTs).

Last edited:
Thanks.

Soon after I posted I started poking around on Ebay and found a bunch of OTC ones for fair prices. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would "wear out," so it shouldn't hurt to buy used.

I'm borrowing a buddies press to do some regearing and change some ujoints. He doesn't have a bearing splitter. Seems like the ticket for changing carrier bearings and pinion bearings.

Last edited:
bearings splitter

We stock & sell bearing splitters, as well as other tools, like 3rd member holding fixtures, dial indicators, calipers, spanner wrenches, pullers, inch lb torque wrenches, etc. PM or email for more info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom