AC Fitting Identification Needed FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some help here with trying to identify a couple AC connections.

The backstory is that I purchased a Nippon Denso AC evaporator and control box for inside the cab, and all vintage air components are going to be used in the engine compartment.

On the Denso AC unit, I need to identify a fitting to use for these connections below.

Searching through a few posts here, I believe this is a connection used for older R12 setups as these fittings dont come with the collar on the inside where a standard ac line with o ring would sit on. I found this being discussed when someone was adding a new expansion valve and evaporator core to an 84-88 toyota pickup. The original expansion valve didn't have the collar on the inside of the fitting. Mine looks to have the same R12 type fitting.

The top of mine is tapered 45 degress while bottom inside has an inverted flare going into the unit.

So my question is, what fitting is used to screw on these as I been searching high and low online without any luck.

Also, does anyone know if any suppliers make a replacement evaporator core or expansion valve for these units that would come with the more modern connections?

Thanks

image2.jpeg

image1(1).jpeg

image0(1).jpeg

The parts diagram shows o-rings so I assume a standard Female O ring fitting would work. It shows Liquid line is 8mm and suction is 5/8. Would they use some proprietary fitting?

1693958380334.png

Last edited:
I fitted a 1979 dealer add on Clardy a/c into my 40 and needed various fittings to convert r12 older style connectors to make new 134a stuff work.
Worth a look at these guys:

Do you have a link on these fittings? I have the same unit from Indonesia…. spent countless hrs searching the internet, but no luck! Thanks

Hmmmm okay. Could you direct me to what fittings you found on Ali express? I was able to find -6 to -10 AC o-ring fittings, but not anything metric. Those male ends on that evaporator are quite odd. I came up with M16 and M23 when I measured it with my calipers. The person I purchased that unit from insisted that each end on the unit was -6 and -10 o-ring. I say no being I tried those fittings along with that inverted flare Coming off the hard lines. I appreciate the input you may have to offer. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom