97 FZJ80 Securikey+ Programming HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll check this out and report back. I appreciate it.

I've owned a 1994 80 since January of 1994. When I bought the 40th Anniversary and saw the key that came with it, I was seriously underwhelmed. Way below the quality I've come to expect from Toyota, esp. the Land Cruiser.

Yeah I know what you mean about the quality but just like anything else.. built by the lowest bidder... The hardest part about the damn this is finding replacement batteries, they are only good for about a year and radio shack is the only place I have found that carries replacement batteries, other then that it is convienent because my keyring is a lot less crowded with no additional fob in my pocket.

Just an FYI the securikey alarm was made 90% plug and play so if you want to remove it, its pretty simple.

Yeah I know what you mean about the quality but just like anything else.. built by the lowest bidder... The hardest part about the damn this is finding replacement batteries, they are only good for about a year and radio shack is the only place I have found that carries replacement batteries, other then that it is convienent because my keyring is a lot less crowded with no additional fob in my pocket.

Just an FYI the securikey alarm was made 90% plug and play so if you want to remove it, its pretty simple.

Ideally I would switch the TVSS from my '94, which has worked flawlessly the whole time I"ve had it, with this piece of crapola. I know nothing about electronics. I wonder if that would be something that a car alarm/stereo place could do pretty easily?

Incidentally, what is the "valet switch?" Is it on the alarm unit, or somewhere else in the truck?

Thanks for all the help. This thing blows.

I don't want the horn to honk. I want the doors to unlock. And I want the doors to lock. Everything else is a pain in the balls.

Incidentally, what is the "valet switch?" Is it on the alarm unit, or somewhere else in the truck?

Thanks for all the help. This thing blows.

I don't want the horn to honk. I want the doors to unlock. And I want the doors to lock. Everything else is a pain in the balls.

The Valet switch is actually the blinking red light. On mine you can push the light and it will either stay in or spring out, the out position is normal mode, the in position is valet (turns the horn off) with valet on the horn will not honk even if triggered so be carefull. I have some more in depth instructions on lights blink on or lights blink off as well as horn. I will have to dig it out and post it for you. Give me a day, this weekend at the latest.

Ok I am a little ahead of schedule the baby is being good tonight so I was able to dig aroung a little. The fax copy's that I have are not that great, I could not get the pics any bigger with the access that I have now.
Securikey1.jpg
Securikey2.jpg

That keyhead unit is interchangeable with the little boomerang shaped remotes Toyota had...I've seen them on older Camrys before...I'll look for some pics.

Here we go....I've seen them labeled as Audiovox, Prestige, Pursuit, Pro...etc....but they're all the same interchangeable remote.

item224_1.jpg

Last edited:
Did this thread end up helping you guys out?

I bought replacement key & fob from Champion Toyota for about $ 40 exactly 2 years ago! Ugh, and I still haven't been able to program it.

I've been trying really hard to program it with NO luck. I've followed the instructions to the T, and the truck doesn't honk once or twice as is indicated on the instructions. I'm not sure what else to do, I already have the programming instructions, etc. in a pdf file from another website.

eldgenb, does your key fob have this imprinted on the back - "FCC IDELVAT 6B"? I'm beginning to wonder if I purchased the wrong fob. My old one is all worn out and I cannot read the back.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chuck

yes same # on mine, I PM'd you my number call me after 5 pst and I will go through it with you while I am in front of my 80.

chuck-fj60,if you live in the gulf states region why not just take it the dealer & let them program it.they usually don't charge much for that.the dealer i work at charges $37.50 for the factory remote program.we don't have securikey here.although my personal 4runner does-it came from mississippi-i have long since disconnected it due to problems & reliability.was going to change to the rs3000 but can't get the wiring harness from toyota anymore.

why pay, this is why most of us are in the mud board is to help each other out...

cruiserbent,

Thanks for the advise. It's not about paying the shop that bothers me, it's about finding the answer to solve a problem. In regards to the key fob programming, I just wanted to be able to do it myself in case I have to reprogram another one later down the road.

The next Mudder may benefit from all of this. With all the instructions in front of me, it just seems crazy that I can't get it to work. Now it's become more of a challenge...

Regards,

Chuck

i can understand that & i agree with what you're doing.sometimes though what your written instruction say & what really needs to be done don't have anything to do with one another.i think the manual for my wifes 4runner is in the veh.if i can get a chance i'll look & see if it matches the directions you have.i guess i've may just have a bad taste in my mouth because all the experiences i've had with this system have been bad.the alarm went off one night shopping & i couldnt start the engine.had to remove module on a parking lot full of people looking at me like a thief.plugged it back in & reset then started ok.but i do not lock or unlock the doors with it anymore.
good luck

Hi Chuck, I'm new here having just bought a 97 TLC a week ago and am still reading all the posts and FAQs, but I thought I could try to help you.

My 97 TLC came with one Securikey+ remote (key and plastic all together). It has the same "FCC IDELVAT 6B" that you have on the back. I found a crowd off of eBay (www.keylessride.com) that sell just the black plastic part with the buttons and I ordered one (I also ordered some blank keys off eBay - still waiting on those). The remote arrived today and I followed the instructions to program it. It worked for me.

Try these - I hope they work for you:
1. Turn ignition key to ON.​
2. Push the red light switch 6 times - in-out-in-out-in-out.​
3. The red light switch should flash once and the horn should beep once. If it does not, turn key off and start at step 1 again.​
4. Push the lock button on the remote. The horn should beep once. If not, check if your remote battery is flat - you said you had it for a while already.​
5. Push the red light switch 2 times - in-out. The red light switch should flash twice and the horn should beep twice.​
6. Push the unlock button on the remote. The horn should beep once.​
7. Push the red light switch 2 times - in-out. The red light switch should flash three times and the horn should beep three times.​
10. This step is supposedly to program "channel 3" whatever that is. You could try to push the green button on the remote? I did nothing here - I just waited for about 30 seconds and the horn beeped by itself - I figure it timed out?​
11. Turn ignition key off and exit vehicle.​
12. Close door and try the remote!​
Hope this helps! Keith.

KE8xv

Last edited:
Hi Chuck, I'm new here having just bought a 97 TLC a week ago and am still reading all the posts and FAQs, but I thought I could try to help you.

My 97 TLC came with one Securikey+ remote (key and plastic all together). It has the same "FCC IDELVAT 6B" that you have on the back. I found a crowd off of eBay (www.keylessride.com) that sell just the black plastic part with the buttons and I ordered one (I also ordered some blank keys off eBay - still waiting on those). The remote arrived today and I followed the instructions to program it. It worked for me.

Try these - I hope they work for you:
1. Turn ignition key to ON.
2. Push the red light switch 6 times - in-out-in-out-in-out.
3. The red light switch should flash once and the horn should beep once. If it does not, turn key off and start at step 1 again.
4. Push the lock button on the remote. The horn should beep once. If not, check if your remote battery is flat - you said you had it for a while already.
5. Push the red light switch 2 times - in-out. The red light switch should flash twice and the horn should beep twice.
6. Push the unlock button on the remote. The horn should beep once.
7. Push the red light switch 2 times - in-out. The red light switch should flash three times and the horn should beep three times.
10. This step is supposedly to program "channel 3" whatever that is. You could try to push the green button on the remote? I did nothing here - I just waited for about 30 seconds and the horn beeped by itself - I figure it timed out?
11. Turn ignition key off and exit vehicle.
12. Close door and try the remote!​
Hope this helps! Keith.

KE8xv

Thread resurrection:

This works. Thanks @keithf. Bought my key fob here at Fred Haas Toyota: TOYOTA OEM 00014-S0260 SK+ REMOTE

Is it possible to use the normal 2 button system (and replace the SecuriKey+ remote)?

Bought my father-in-law a YotaMD keyfob not knowing he had the Gulf States 3 button fob.

Any ideas?

image.jpg

6BE5387A-ACFA-4FA9-93A8-B3C61726F43E.jpeg

Is it possible to use the normal 2 button system (and replace the SecuriKey+ remote)?

Bought my father-in-law a YotaMD keyfob not knowing he had the Gulf States 3 button fob.

Any ideas?

View attachment 2060582

View attachment 2060584
would love to know as well. 1 of my only 2 working keys just got soaked and is fried. Can't stand these securikey things, would love to just replace it but keep keyless entry somehow. Is there a Toyota system that can be installed? Can you install the 100 series keyless entry on an 80?

Any fob with a matching FCC ID will work after programming using the above instructions. I picked up a new fob off of eBay. It's a 5 button fob but I only programmed 2 of the buttons. I have the truck in valet mode so it just acts as a keyless entry vehicle. I have also bought the original key fob but without the Key and they also worked great.
20190911_062821.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom