For Sale 96 Landcruiser (19 pictures) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale is my 1996 Cruiser. I've owned it for almost 2 years now and I love it, but the wife wants a car with better mpg to drive and I lost the fight. Besides that I never really put this beast to the use it was designed for. She was daily driven for about 9 months, a few hunting and fishing trips, and my weekend fun car... but never offroaded by me - unless you count driving backroads :( I bought her off a mud member, put some new shoes and parts on her and that's it. Never been to the shop, never had a problem - just a super reliable truck. Gets lots of looks and comments when stopped.

So here goes, its a...
1996 Toyata LandCruiser
about 206k miles
prior owner did the head gasket and phh (estimated at 140k)
ARB front bumper (little scratched after the wife tapped a semi)
ManAFre Fuel tank (main tank - not an addon)
4" OME lift
4 fresh tires (Cooper ATR - very grippy on road surfaces - not sure offroad)
new rotors all the way around (yeah-price that one out!)
New Stainless EMS Powered Exhaust last year - sounds GREAT
replacement Lexus radio (CD, Tape, Am/FM)
Put in a CDL (center differential lock) switch (the left Hazzard light)
Cold AC
Heat (rear heat works great)
PW, PL, Cruise, Power Button, Power Mirrors
working sun visors
EVERTHING works great!

The bad
Needs an antenna, I have a replacement ($15 basic one from napa). The motorized antenna worked great till my wife took it off with a low tree branch in my driveway, it should work if you just wanted to get the replacement part.
Some small rust spots on hood and hatch (see pictures)
It has fresher black paint, but it used to be a maroon truck, you can see in the pictures, they didn't paint the doorwells - I never even notice it, but a perfectionist might.
The driver seat has wear showing, see the pictures - not nearly as bad in person as the picture makes it look.
The running boards are a rusted mess. BUT I have 2 replacement (used) OME ones in my garage. I just haven't put them on cause I was waiting one more winter before doing it.
The exhaust sounds great, but I didn't put locktite on the bolts near the header. Every so often i have to tighten them up or it has a slight exhaust leak.
CDL switch isn't labeled - I just tell the wife not to touch it.
It is missing one of the headrests from the rear seats - I lost it at a soccer game somehow.

I have the other rear seat in the garage, It's just easy to store the tire inside and still carry 6 people.
I'm asking $6500 (reduced to $5,000!) - I'm located near Milwaukee WI.
I'll be posting picures below as well as a youtube vid of her starting up.

Last edited:
Outside pictures
ForumRunner_20120331_175655.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175706.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175716.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175728.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175742.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175754.jpg

Inside pictures
ForumRunner_20120331_175854.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175905.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175916.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175929.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_175948.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180007.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180023.jpg

Last set of pictures
ForumRunner_20120331_180105.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180115.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180132.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180148.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180203.jpg
ForumRunner_20120331_180217.jpg

Looking for FZJ80

I am looking to buy in a few weeks or so, does it have front and rear lockers? It says that you added the center diff lock button but no mention of the others unless I am just an idiot and didn't see it.

- Kyle

No it does not have lockers, I added the cdl switch to go slow with an unlocked diff if needed. I used it twice- once while testing, and once putting the boat away and wanted to go sloooww into the garage.

Bump for the Monday crew.

Bump - Price drop to $6000 :clap:

Let's sell it this week _ price is now $5000.

Yes, she's still for sale. It's about 5.5 hours away. I'm just west of Milwaukee. In 2 weeks I'm fishing in Eue Claire - if it hasn't sold, I'll have it there (with boat in tow) if you wanted to take a look. I can send you original size pictures if you like. They are 'huge' files, but you can tell a lot from a picture.
She runs great - Also, She will probably have a new battery in her - one of the kids left a door slightly ajar and ran the battery down to nothing. This is not the first time they have done it, but this time it will not charge over 66%, so I'll probably have to replace it this week.

Bump for Friday crew... Come on guys, I need to get this one sold as my first payment on my wifes car is coming up in May.

Maybe Ebay next?

Bump up, lots of interest at 5000, just no one committing, yet.

Good Lord man how has this not been snatched up?!

Not sure, I took a friend fishing Sunday and when I told him the price, he was shocked it hadn't sold either. I was hoping to move it to a mud member, but am not opposed to putting a sign on it in the front yard. Just don't think they'd appreciate it for the vehicle it is.

Why was it painted? They did a poor job on it.
They didn't do a complete job, but the exterior was done nicely. I'm not an expert, but I think you'd have to see it to determine if it was a poor paint job. :meh:

I'm not sure why it was painted black. It doesn't look like it ever had damage. I'm guessing someone wanted a black car. I like it and think it looks very nice.

Where are you exactly? I'm in the twin cities do you know how far it is? and is it still for sale?

For any MN guys, I'll be fishing in Chetek (Eau Clair) this Saturday. If you want to look at her, I'll be around Eau Clair after lunchtime Saturday. I can meet you somewhere of you wanted to look at her in person.

Of course, if you want to buy her, I'd have to drive her back on another day. I do have to get the boat home :)

Deal in the works with mickeyt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom