94 runner, 5spd, 4wd, 3.0 guru needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i drive 40 miles a day to work and back, been doing great pulling 75mph all way.
i stop by store for food, and it didnt want to start, had spark and fuel?
sprayed throttle body cleaner in intake and fired up, went home
happened again a week later, now wont idle ,have to keep foot on gas to get home.
been having problems with the 87 so i had to get to work. sometimes she started up and sometimes no, out comes spray to start her up and ran fine most of the time.
temp gauge went out, replaced sender... all good and works
found thread on tps, checked it , it was out of spec, adjusted and she started right up, went to work and same stuff started again.
took throttle body of another that was known good, started up this mmorning fine and went to work and she died while pulling in spot and wouldnt re start.
came out at lunch and started up fine.
drove home got off interstate and at my turn , stalled again, tb spray in intake and started no idle, sparayed again and kept foot on gas and she stumbled and surged my way home.
any ideas? hate drive to work tomorrow like that, or have to ride the motorcycle illegally

Seems like an intermittent wiring fault. Could the 3VZ have the same issue as the 22RE with the injector wires that come apart inside the engine harness?

What about the ignition switch, maybe not turning on the fuel pump during START mode? Try putting a jumper across the Fp and B+ pins in the diagnostic connector.

ignition switch works , fuel pump works, was going to change filter and plugs today, drove to work fine, started up for way home and had a stumble surge off idle to 3000 rpm then pulled strong, bucking when i let off gas
pulled codes and got a 25 , lean code, and then she wouldnt start back up in driveway
so a vacuumm leak or something , was going to check vafm with an ohm meter after rain stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom