'88 Blue FJ62 in AL with 143k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'88 Blue FJ62 in AL with 143k - $900

I don't really want to but I'm putting my Blue 62. I have that and a MR2 and I have to get rid of one of them. I'm advertising both, so I'll drive the one that doesn't sell.

Anyway the detail.

The Blue Box has 143.5k and is all stock except for 32 x 11.50 Dunlop mud tires and Alpine CD radio. Has 2 10" Subs and a 700 watt amp that we can negotiate if you want to keep it. Tires have about 22k on them; they should have about another 5-10k in them. The backs maybe more but the front had a slight toe in so the fronts will need it first or be rotated.

The Good:

It drives extremely well.
I'm the second owner and have most of the records. 1st owner was doctor and had it as a second car he never wheeled it except for letting his son have it for a couple of months. I got it with 80k on it about 4 years ago. He had the dealer do most of the work. The engine runs like new. Transmission shifts well, and transfer case works great and very little fluid leakage from them. It's lived it's whole life here.
It's pretty clean on the inside for the age.
Very little body Rust and NO frame rust.

The Bad:
The is a dent on the driver side rear door from a wheeling mishap. Also a bit a damage on the quarter panel.
The previously mentioned Doctors son rolled it. They had it rebuilt but it has a salvage title. I have the name of the place that did it if it matters. It difficult to tell it happened.
Paint is a bit oxidized except for a replaced fender from the roll.
A/C compressor need to be replaced - A/C will work once that's done. If it's an issue, I'll get it done.
Passenger window regulator is very slow and needs to be replaced.
Windshield has a crack down the middle of it from a rock chip.
There is a bit rust where it was dented, and a small amount of rust from a pin hole on the tail gate.

I'm looking for 2400 obo ... unless the MR2 sells first.

I have to run to work now so I'm post some pictures and more detail a bit later.

-HUnter

Last edited:
Here's some pics:

I'll take some pics of the inside once I get some of my tools out of it.

Only parts I've had to replace are u-joints (Toyota), Alternator (Denso), and Water Pump (Autozone since Toyota was on backorder), and fan clutch. Other than that stuff, it's been pretty reliable for me.

Willing to meet or deliver up to 200 miles for a committed buyer.

PM me if you have any questions and I'll give you a call.

The MR2 crowd is beating down my door for my 88 supercharged and it doesn't even drive. I put'em off for a week to give the Cruiser a chance.

On friday I noticed the transmission was shifting slowly. I took it in to the mechanic who replaced the tranny filter since it was plugged up. It's shifting better but still kinda slow. Mechanic said he it might last a while or it might not...he wasn't sure. With that in mind I decided to lower the price since the tranny is a question mark.

Price is now $1200 or best offer.

A friend of mine is offering a great deal to me on a commuter car which is what I need right now, so I'm trying to move this in the next week.

Last edited:
Sorry, I guess I didn't put that. Birmingham

I could meet you halfway up corridor X.

I drove it around town today and pretty decided that the transmission need to be rebuilt. It was slipping in third and fourth. Another filter change might temporarily fix it, but who knows.

Anyway - with that in mind - new price - $900

At the very least I figure it's worth that much as a parts car. It's a very strong running 3FE, and most of it's miles are highway.

The price low to try to move it out so that I can fix my other car. If it doesn't move soon the MR2 goes and I'll put a manual in it.

email me or give a call - 205-222-9977

I've had a few bites, but it's still here...

...and since I also put it on craigslists list I also got someone who wants to buy it and send me extra money and something about a shipping agent and cashier's check.

yeah...right. :)

Freaking nigerians are everywhere now I guess...

I drove this rig the other weekend, engine is strong, oil looks good, no smoke or major leaks. Trans slips but is very driveabe within reason. Body is not that bad, could use a rear driver door, a little bondo and paint and be like new... or use it as is for a great trail rig. I would have already bought this rig but hurt my back and been down for several days. If its still around in a few weeks I will buy it. Yes I am a professional and his asking price is very reasonable for the truck. Good luck "Dog". Dont let the MR2 freaks drive you nuts.... I have sold a few in my time and know how that goes....

It's still here.

However, if it doesn't sell soon, I'll probably sell the MR2 instead since I have more interested parties for that car.

I'm still looking to sell this truck. First $900 takes it.

I'll drive it up to 60 miles to buyer. Or you can look at it in Birmingham.

205-222-9977

Hunter

send pics of the dents & rust to bwlemarr at bechtel dot com please

interested as well, could you get me pics of both rear quarters and frame sections?

thanks,
malphrus
malphrusoxide@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom