80 series wheels on a stock 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kim

Threads
Do wheels from a 93 80 series fit a stock 60 series Cruiser? Will the fronts rub the calipers?

Thanks for any input.

Have you tried searching? I may be wrong, but I think this has been asked before and the backspacing is wrong. 60s need like 3.5 in. That being said, I think people do run the 80 series wheels with spacers. But again, I'm running off my recollection which can be pretty bad (according to my wife).

I have been searching and it appears to require backspacing. These are 15 inch wheel though and I've only seen 16 inch mentioned in the posts I have read so far.

Whats the consensus on this? I am thinking of getting a set of 80 series wheels to go onto my 60 but everything I have read doesn't seem to give me a clear answer. Can they work and how?

I have a set of 15x8.5 with 3.75 BS that I had on my 60...in the wheel FS section...sorry for a plug but its relevant .....

Just as a follow up, was just about to get some 285/75/16 KM2s and had one mounted on an early 80 wheel. It hits the tie-rod. No go.

I have seen them on some FJ60's but spacers are required.

I have seen them on some FJ60's but spacers are required.

yup.

Looks like the only option is 1.5" spacers from either Marlin or All-Pro. Marlin has been back order on 1.25" so no hope of those anytime soon. guess I'll be ordering some up.

Also for sale and relevant, I have an extra 80 rim laying around my house, it has a tire on it, probably wouldn't want to ship it with the tire, but if you need a spare rim give me a pm and we can see what works out.

To keep it tech related, I did try that rim on my 60 at one point in time, and there was contact up front. I assumed 1.25 to 1.5 inch spacer as well for clearance issues, they do look cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom