80 Series Rear Bushing Press tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear axle bushings are pretty shot, I've had the replacement bushings sitting on my shelf for a while now... Anyone have a set of bushing press tools I could borrow or buy?

My rear axle bushings are pretty shot, I've had the replacement bushings sitting on my shelf for a while now... Anyone have a set of bushing press tools I could borrow or buy?
Joey's bushing press tools were sold out at the time I did my front bushings, but I picked up this kit when doing the radius arm bushings. It actually worked really well if you make sure to center up the press sleeves.

Don’t have any to sell or borrow but a nod to Jason at trail tailor who is making a nice set now and just finished a fresh batch.

Don’t have any to sell or borrow but a nod to Jason at trail tailor who is making a nice set now and just finished a fresh batch.

You can't go wrong with products from Trail Tailor, Jason makes great stuff and is a stand up guy.

Joey's bushing press tools were sold out at the time I did my front bushings, but I picked up this kit when doing the radius arm bushings. It actually worked really well if you make sure to center up the press sleeves.

Ended up having a friend help me make some but I had saw these and wasn't sure if it would have cut it as a pressing tool although in hindsight it makes sense it would I should have ordered some when I ordered the bushings.

I saw these too but honestly was being a bit cheap and didn't want to shell out. Probably worth it though making and using our own (out delrin no less because it's what we had and as to not damage anything if we went over on the size) was a bit of a process .

Ended up having a friend help me make some but I had saw these and wasn't sure if it would have cut it as a pressing tool although in hindsight it makes sense it would I should have ordered some when I ordered the bushings.

I saw these too but honestly was being a bit cheap and didn't want to shell out. Probably worth it though making and using our own (out delrin no less because it's what we had and as to not damage anything if we went over on the size) was a bit of a process .
That's exactly what I thought. I went into it thinking "there is no way this is going to work as well as the press tools from Wits End." I figured I would just return them if they didn't work. They came with those puller spindles, so I wasn't sure if it was only going to work with those or if it would be fine with a shop press. Turns out that they worked perfectly with a shop press. I liked that you could adjust the sizing of the press "puck" depending on the application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom