80 series die cast models ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know of a source for die cast or plastic models of 80 series Land Cruisers or LX 450's? Uhhh.....it's for my kid....yeah, my kid.....thats it...

Dan

Go down to your local Super Walmart's bakery department. They sell metal 80-series (1/24 scale) with the goofy trailers that are used as cake tops separately. Better yet, buy the whole cake for your kid and keep the 80 for yourself.

John

D -

The most detailed 80s I have ever come across are the 1:24 scale plastic models made by Tamiya...

Tam_24107_Tlc_2.jpg
Tam_24122_Tlc_2.jpg

I believe the offroad version is out of production, but both turn up on eBay from time to time.

Cheers, R -

Toyota sells them. My local dealer has one in a display case (even though they were never sold in canada). I would guess it's 1/24 scale.

Got mine off E-bay for $10. 1/18 scale.

Before I had even had it a week, I took it apart and stretched the coils out to give it a little "lift". Articulation still sucks though! :p

Check your local hobby/model shop. Not a craft or toy store, but a "real" hobby shop. They may even be able to order it. The place by me had a couple in stock when I bought mine.

Good luck

Ten plus year old bump..... :flipoff2:

Like to find two RC 80s that won't break the bank, but would settle for nice die cast or Lego....something cool kids around 5 and 10 would enjoy.

Bueller??

Funny...just went searching for this on EBAY a couple of days ago. Thought it would make a cool gift for my son, but couldn't find any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom