600/650 vs 700 springs. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before you read this, my truck is a 2WD, remember that.
So, I recently bought Fox 2.5 Performance Elite DSC and installed them. I adjusted the drivers side collar to be 1/2 from top and pass. adjusted all the way to the top. Now according to my calculations I am at 2 1/8 lift, 1/8" over the max 2" lift. Mine are 0-2 lift CO. The truck rides way better to me over the 6112/5160. Now I am OCD and can't get it out of my mind that I should get the 600lb springs and put the collar back the way Fox shipped them, 1" driver side and 1/2" pass side. This in theory, should put me at 2" lift, making the CO ride in the correct travel zone. Also giving me a bit more plush ride, which I wouldn't mind. I spoke to Fox and they said that I can try a 600-650lb spring to get me in that travel zone and get a more plush ride. And before anyone mentions it, yes I talked to Accutune. They have zero experience with dealing with 2wd setups. The only thing they told me was that for the Fox 2.5 PE 0-3, they change out the spring from a 17/700lb to a 18/500 spring for the 4wd.

The softer spring will perform better in almost all conditions and I would only use a higher spring rate if I needed to carry extra weight. If it's okay as-is, I'd probably just stick with it.

But if you are going to swap over - I would look at a softer spring. Accutune is right on this IMO. IIRC the OEM are around 550 and there should be plenty of compression range to use a softer spring without bricking it on compression.

The softer spring will perform better in almost all conditions and I would only use a higher spring rate if I needed to carry extra weight. If it's okay as-is, I'd probably just stick with it.

But if you are going to swap over - I would look at a softer spring. Accutune is right on this IMO. IIRC the OEM are around 550 and there should be plenty of compression range to use a softer spring without bricking it on compression.
From talks over on tundras.com the 07-2021 are 600lb. The Fox CO that Accutune has experience with is the 0-3" (extended length). They told me that they switch out the 18" 700lb spring for a 18"500 and tune it from there. They also said they have no experience with 2wd or the 0-2" CO setup. The spring in the end aren't that much and Accutune has a spring swap out plan. As far as if it ok, well I wouldn't mind it being a tab bit more plush than what it is. The Fox CO replaced Bilstein 6112/5160, which to me rode like crap for on-road comfort.

Would not do 700 lb unless you have a lot of extra riding weight.

When you say it's 2 and 1/8 in lift, are you going from previous old sagging suspension height ? Or do you know what factory ride height was and you are over that?

Would not do 700 lb unless you have a lot of extra riding weight.

When you say it's 2 and 1/8 in lift, are you going from previous old sagging suspension height ? Or do you know what factory ride height was and you are over that?
I measured my suspension when the truck had like 12k miles. That's when I installed the Bilstein 6112/5160. So accounting for the OEM tires and the 275-70-18 I have now plus the Fox CO, I am at around 2-2 1/8" of lift. Now this is with the adjustment collar al the way up. So I can't even get to 0" like it's supposed to. I will be putting in an order for Eibach 16/600lb springs and doing the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom