6-4-2016 BBCNN Run: Twister and Billy Bobs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trail: Twister and Billy Bobs

Description: This is a couple of trails through the canyons near Spanish Springs (4x4TrailMaps - Twister

Date: Saturday, 6-4-2016

Time: Leave time 9:00
Meeting Location: The parking lot of Walgreens corner Pyramid Hwy and Eagle Cyn. Rd. 9705 Pyramid Way. Across from 7-11 for those who need to gas up and get treats.

Trail Difficulty: 3 and 4 with a 5 on some lines. Would recommend at least 35s and one locker. 33s with armor and 2 lockers may be OK.

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: About 4-5 hrs depending on the trail conditions and number of rigs.

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3/ HAM 146.460 simplex

BBCNN

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm IN!!!

Installed the ruffstuff diff cover Monday, also got the new flasher installed.
How much oil did it take to fill the diff with the new cover for you guys?
I was thinking the diff held 3 quarts but it took around 5 or 6 to fill mine.

Gonna be a warm one

Great wheeling weather!!:cool: Will put my new cooling system to the test without my little electric fan. Dan I was amazedo_O when had to keep filling the diff after I put the same new cover on. I put in one gallon and still not enough. Then a partial gallon I had. Good to know that our diffs are bathing in some copious amounts of fluid while we wheel.

Chicago I know you like the heat-not Moab heat:eek:-but this should be fine. For once I won't have to wear my Elmer Fudd Wabbit fur hat getting there.:hillbilly:. How about Dusty and Adam??

Still on for Saturday, but the front gasket is leaking. I might juts tighten the nuts and see if that cures it.
Surprisingly the pinion seal isn't leaking, you can see where rear u-joint took a few hard hits but it's still holding oil.

Front diff gasket? Glad your still in.
No the pinion side of the rear diff. The bottom bolt was loose 1/2 a turn, I tightened it up and now there just a small amount of seepage.

@Krusty Krab I am now out for tmw. I went back to the bay for the weekend. I got my 80 back today and boy does she look ready for rubithon with the new sliders and diff armor. I will spend tmw mounting my winch, extending diff breathers and mounting up my skid plates.
I will see you at the meeting this upcoming week!
Have fun out there tmw!

Great time today guys. And great challenges- these last two runs have challenged me more than the stuff that I did in Moab!

Great time today guys. And great challenges- these last two runs have challenged me more than the stuff that I did in Moab!
Glad you could it out!!
It was great wheeling w/ you.
The Boulder crawling we have here is way different than the moab slick rock for sure. Lots more to hang up on in this terrain.
Inches and angles. Chess on the rocks!!

K

Here's a few pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom