5th Gen 4Runner pic thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The other vehicle in my garage, a 2016 Limited.

image000001(1).jpg

image000000(5).jpg

Once I realized I was looking at a Supercharger I got Under Pressure by David Bowie stuck in my head.

Great looking rig! Happy with the power difference? That's the only thing I don't like about the 4Runner after having a V8.
Thanks! We actually bought this 4Runner exactly like this from a Toyota dealership lol. They had no idea it even had a supercharger on it. I will say, this truck has loads of power and is much punchier than my friends 2018. It would be hard to have another one without the extra power

Hey there, new to the forum. I was looking at Land Cruisers and I was referred to ih8mud.com by the good folks at SoCal Land Cruisers. Anywho, here's a shot of our 5th Gen 4Runner.View attachment 3305066
Welcome to Mud! This site has been a great Land Cruiser and Toyota resource for a very long time. I was using it back in the early 00s when I had an 83 4wd Pickup in North Cali.

Great looking rigs. We just picked up our 2023 TRD ORP in white. We love it and are looking to do some modifications soon.
Congratulations! Did you opt for KDSS?

Congratulations! Did you opt for KDSS?
We honestly took what we could get and yes it did come with KDSS. This was the only TRD ORP available within a 400 miles radius, most were pre-sold. I have heard pros and cons about KDSS, our loaner 4Runner did not have it but I did notice a difference in ride quality between the two.

Let me clarify, the loaner was a TRD ORP with the view camera, and no KDSS. We wish we had the view camera but not a deal breaker. We got the loaner as our 4Runner was on the boat and soon to land in Long Beach.

We honestly took what we could get and yes it did come with KDSS. This was the only TRD ORP available within a 400 miles radius, most were pre-sold. I have heard pros and cons about KDSS, our loaner 4Runner did not have it but I did notice a difference in ride quality between the two.

Let me clarify, the loaner was a TRD ORP with the view camera, and no KDSS. We wish we had the view camera but not a deal breaker. We got the loaner as our 4Runner was on the boat and soon to land in Long Beach.
Kdss is the best. It’s so versatile especially with supporting mods. Try to look me up on the gram . Dr_kdss. You won’t be disappointed!!

Kdss is the best. It’s so versatile especially with supporting mods. Try to look me up on the gram . Dr_kdss. You won’t be disappointed!!
Following, it is my IG for my 80 scotts94eighty

@SurfinBirder can you share what wheels and spec you are running?
Sure, it’s a 2021 TRD Off Road Premium non-kdss w/ KMC GRS (fake bead lock) wheels, 275/70r17 Falken Wildpeaks it’s lifted about 2”…🤷🏼‍♂️ maybe… in the front with a Fox 2.5 performance kit and it’s got UCA’s from Camburg. I haven’t done anything else but the Baja Rack I chopped flat for a RTT that I never really use. Too much of a pain, too heavy etc.

I went over to the NW Overland Rally in Plain, WA, last weekend. Small and intimate, much better than the Overland Expos in my opinion. It was a solo trip so I took the Camp-Rite camp cot instead of a bigger tent or the trailer. It was a great time, meeting old friends and making new ones.

IMG_2201.jpeg

Been at this a long time (~50 years). I picked up the 2011 T4R in 2014. My Fiamma awning is over 20 years old and my kermit chairs 15 y.o. But still pick up new stuff that fills a need/want. The tent cot was purchased for a Heart of the West Loop adventure four years ago. Two years ago I added the Overland Kitchen, and last year the 90 watt hood mounted solar panel. Always something to throw money at, ha ha! This is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle, and would probably replace it with a new T4R if something happened to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom