4-pin wiring for Military-style lights on a m416? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My m416 has brand new 4-pin wiring, but I'd like to swap in M-series lights (with LED). How do I wire them up using the standard 4-wire trailer wiring since they have the military outputs? I don't have the original military wiring harness/plugs, so that's not an option. Thanks in advance.

They are standard connectors inside of the rubber guards that the lights come with. Either male or female. I switched to 4 wire and I just cut them off and spliced with regular butt connectors and works fine.

They are standard connectors inside of the rubber guards that the lights come with. Either male or female. I switched to 4 wire and I just cut them off and spliced with regular butt connectors and works fine.

Ok. So it looks like there are 5 wires coming out of the light housing, right? How exactly do you hook up the 2 trailer wires to the 5 light wires? Pics might also help me see how you do it.

I misunderstood. I'll take some pics later today for you. Mine had some metal crimps that where numbered. If you search here or maybe somebody will chime in, you'll fined the lay out for it. I'll look for it as well.

I misunderstood. I'll take some pics later today for you. Mine had some metal crimps that where numbered. If you search here or maybe somebody will chime in, you'll fined the lay out for it. I'll look for it as well.

No rush, much appreciated!

I'll have to look at mine
the nice thing with the lights is there should be a metal tag with a # on it . I'll see about getting the # that does the brake and running light . With the LED lights they run a extra wire for the ground . The connectors are just male bullet connectors under a rubber boot .

Not sure what the M series light is. I take it that is the style with black out lights? If you remove the lens and use a meter it shouldn't be real hard to figure out what wire goes where. Think the later style was solid state but also 24volt. I went with Gama Goat lights on my M416. Only used two of the three sockets. Installed different wattage 12 volt bulbs. My wiring harness was still ther so I made the connection for the four pin at the front junction box:cheers:

Sorry I have taken so long.:frown: I hope this helps. Your lights should have male connectors with rubber boots to seal.....I crimped on female ends and plugged together. I left the rubber boots on, I should be able to find the counter parts to make them seal up real good.

P8310203.jpg

P8310206.jpg

Your lights should also have some small aluminum tags crimped on them with ID numbers? Mine did and here is what goes where....

Drivers side I have YELLOW going to 22 and BROWN going to 21.

Other side is GREEN to 460-461 and again BROWN to 21. Your WHITE is the ground anywhere you would like. The remaining plugs I left alone and tucked away.

P8310209.jpg

I also added some marker lights in the front corners for some BLING BLING and both of them are connected to the BROWN.

P8120172.jpg

P8120171.jpg

Don't forget to swap out your bulbs to 12v. Hope this helps you and again sorry it took so long kind of hard to get things done with a cold beverage in hand.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom