3FE no start after fuel filter (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replaced the fuel filter on my 91. Put a new OEM one with new copper gaskets and went to start it up and nothing, only cranking away. Traded the filter out for another one and the same thing. I undid the “out” side of the filter to see if it would pump fuel when I cranked and it did.
Does anyone have any idea? Maybe some fuse to ignition? Haven’t checked for spark yet, just kinda dumbfounded. Didn’t touch a thing other than filter.

Replaced the fuel filter on my 91. Put a new OEM one with new copper gaskets and went to start it up and nothing, only cranking away. Traded the filter out for another one and the same thing. I undid the “out” side of the filter to see if it would pump fuel when I cranked and it did.
Does anyone have any idea? Maybe some fuse to ignition? Haven’t checked for spark yet, just kinda dumbfounded. Didn’t touch a thing other than filter.
Jump terminals 1-8 on the diagnostic connector on the firewall and turn the ignition key to the ON/RUN position. Assuming all the fuel pump wiring is intact and you're getting a CHECK ENGINE light on the dash with the key in the ON position, that will fire the fuel pump without cranking the engine.
Slightly loosen the banjo bolt on the cold start injector, and you should get fuel spraying out. There's probably air in the line.

CheckConnector.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom